CHAPTER NINE

Alex was right.

The trap that was set up didn't work. The Man in the Yellow Suit managed to escape, and along the way he beat the living day lights out of Harrison. He also won against Barry - something that the team warned him on.

Alex went home after she left the CCPD and was told that she shouldn't be there when they announced the tachyons were there. At first she thought it was because there was going to be a squad there, but she later realized that the only way to help was to be the Flash.

Barry wasn't allowed there either. He was too emotionally attached to the case, and Alex would have been the same. All of his emotions transferred to her, and she knew that she would do a lot to get that guy in the pipeline.

She didn't show up to the West's that night. Instead she sat in her living room, a glass of whiskey in her hand and the TV playing an old movie. It took her forever to find a movie that wasn't Christmas related. Alexandra watched the clock, each minute ticked by, and the closer she officially got to Christmas.

She took another sip from her drink. There were gun shots going off on the TV and the light by her head flickered. It was a long day, but she wasn't tired; she also didn't want to stay up for the rest of the night thinking about her past Christmases. However, it was pointless to try to go sleep, it would never come.

There was a knock at her door. Alex downed the rest of the drink and stood up from her chair. There was another knock, for a second she paused; who was knocking at her door? Alexandra grabbed the piece of metal off of her counter and slowly walked towards the door. She winced as the floor board below her creaked.

A final knock. Alex whipped the door open, her arms raised. "Barry? What the hell?!" She whisper shouted and shoved the weapon in her hand into the waist band of her jeans.

"What- was that a gun?" Barry questioned. Alex turned herself more so her back was completely away from him. He sped around her and grabbed the weapon and held it up in the air with his two fingers. "Why do you have this?"

"It's none of your business," She muttered and tried to grab it from him. But, he was too quick and ran to the other side of the room. "I'm not in the mood for your games, Barry. Why aren't you at Joe's?"

"Well, you didn't show up so I thought that I should check up on you," he set the gun down by her empty glass. He didn't want to argue with her, not that night. Maybe he would ask about it another day. It was Christmas Eve and he didn't want to argue with anybody on that day. It was supposed to be a day filled with joy.

There was a lack of decorations in her house. In fact there were no decorations at all; from what he could see at least. With only one light on it was hard to see the whole room. Barry flinched at the loud noise that came from the TV.

"I'm not six, I don't need a baby sitter," she scoffed. Alex strolled over to Barry, he stiffened when she reached down to the table. Her hand hovered over the gun, but she grabbed the empty glass. He watched her fill up the glass, and shook his head when she offered a drink. "Ah yes, not only can your legs move fast but your metabolism."

She sat on one of the stool that were under the kitchen island, a barely noticeable wince made its way onto her face. "How are your ribs?"

"Sore," Alex shrugged. Barry nodded, he sat down on the arm rest of her chair. They stayed silent and solemnly made eye contact. Truth be told she had so many pain killers in her system at that moment that she could barely feel the tips of her fingers, much less her ribs. "You asked me why I hate Christmas. It's because of my family."

She chuckled - a dark chuckle that gave him chills - and set the glass down on the counter. "My mom left us when I was twelve. Things went downhill from there. My brother hasn't talked to me in a year, isn't his fault though, I drove him away. The reason I hate Christmas is because I can't spend it with my family."