EPILOGUE

Alex Holt didn't always had friends.

Growing up, she had been quite lonely. Her family was missing, dead, or hated her. She had no one in her life for so long that when she finally made friends it was a foreign feeling that she wasn't used to.

It was because of a stupid run in at Jitters did Alex get to meet the amazing people she called friends. It was that day that started her life as a hero, a life that she expected to be short lived because of some guy from the future telling her otherwise. So, when she put her life at risk to save Central City from a singularity, she would have been okay with dying.

Had she died at that time, she would have died a hero. She would have died with Barry Allen loving her, and the people around her respecting her. That's how she wanted to go, not in the middle of fighting her supposed enemy. The enemy she considered her boyfriend in that time period.

"It's been two months, Alex."

Alex hadn't died that day.

She was in the hospital, barely surviving, but she hadn't died. Barry found her a few hundred feet away from STAR labs, bloody, bruised, and barely breathing. Her fall from the singularity had been much more damaging to her than it was to him.

Many of her bones had broken from hitting pieces of concrete. One of her lungs got punctured from the broken ribs she received. The concussion was so bad that the doctors believed that she would have brain damage when she woke up. It had been two months since the destruction, and the whole time she had been in a coma at the hospital.

Barry visited her nearly every day. It was his fault that she was there. If only he had taken the same route she had and declined the offer from Wells, they wouldn't have had that problem. Eddie never would have shot himself in hopes of trying to save everyone from the cruel world of his ancestor.

Ronnie would still be married to Caitlin because he would have never had to give up his life to stop the singularity. The people of Central City would have to pay for the destruction caused or grieve for their lost ones. All of this was caused because Barry wanted to save his mother – a task he never went through with.

He blamed himself for everything that was happening.

"Please, wake up, Alex. I need you. We're partners."

Alex Holt wasn't alone anymore. She wouldn't be for a very long time.