CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Alex avoided S.T.A.R. Labs for a few days. She didn't answer phone calls from anyone, even after the endless ones from Barry. He popped up at her door, she didn't answer when he knocked. Thankfully, he didn't barge in like she expected him to. There was obviously a reason that she was ignoring them, and he didn't plan to make it worse.

He missed her. It seemed like every time they were getting closer (literally and figuratively) she disappeared. It was quiet during the day, even Cisco stayed silent. It was Caitlin who discovered that it wasn't just because of Alex, but Ronnie. He was doing some research on the missing fiancé, all because of what Hartley said.

When Barry saved this couple from a car accident, he almost got himself hurt. As of lately, he was used to having a partner to work with - and relying on someone who wasn't there nearly got him killed. That only angered Wells more. He was still furious at Alex for keeping her trip information from everyone and getting his prize possession nearly killed made it worse.

She finally came back when Barry left a voicemail on her phone saying they needed help with a metahuman case. Shawna Baez was some sort of metahuman with powers they haven't quite figured out yet. Barry and Joe were at Iron Heights talking to Mr. Allen. She called them back before they left, and they asked if she would go with them.

Alexandra instantly declined, prisons weren't exactly her thing. Even if Barry did want her to meet his dad. She told him she would meet him when they got him out of that place and it wasn't between glass walls. She could hear him smiling from the other end of the phone.

Instead she reluctantly went back to the lab and chilled out in one of the chairs. Caitlin was working on the computer and the two girls shared a few words although there was an awkward silence between them. Alex scrolled through her phone while waiting, occasionally mentioning something to the doctor.

Finally, Barry walked in. "I was analyzing the particulates that Clay Parker and Shawna Baez left behind and I found something very interesting. When Clay's cells came into contact with Shawna's, they adopt her properties."

"Kind of like me," Alex piped in, both of them nodded in agreement. She zoned out for a few moments, the name Clay Parker seemed familiar to her, but she couldn't seem to remember where she heard it. Obviously he wasn't some celebrity if Shawna had to break him out of a prison cell. Then again, she knew a lot more bad people than she did good.

"What about you Alex?" her head snapped over in their direction and a confused 'what?' passed her lips. Barry chuckled at her, "I asked if your social life was more interesting than ours."

She gave them both a look over and scoffed. There was not a single doubt that she had a more interesting past time than them. Alex went back on her phone, the gesture was an answer enough for the both of them. However, the alarm on the computer went off and she sighed

"Armed robbery in progress. Two suspects, male and female in their 20's. Sounds like our metahuman Bonnie and Clyde are at it again."

Alex hopped up from her chair and instantly shifted into Barry. While he still had to change into his suit, she was already out the door with a pretty good distance on him. He was faster than he was last time, something that gave her quite the shock. She made it to the scene first, and stopped herself right in front of Shawna.

Her gaze shifted to Clay, who held the guards at gun point. Now that she saw his face, she realized why he was so familiar. "Oh you've got to be kidding me," She mumbled to herself. Alex shook it off and focused on the real threat. Shawna held to bags of money in her hand, and Alex knew exactly who it was for.

"Oh, I've read about you. You're the Flash," She smirked. Alex smirked back, and shifted back into herself. Shawna eyed her up, starting from her black boots to her bare torso and lastly, her goggles on her face.