CHAPTER FOUR

"You run slowly for a normal person," Alex piped up as she entered the lab. Barry was running on his treadmill but rather than reaching his usual hundreds of miles per hours speed, he was stuck at a measly seven. Her arms were crossed and she leaned in the door frame with an annoyed look on her face. "What the hell happened?"

"My speeds gone," Barry muttered, he stopped running, completely out of breath and sweating. She followed him into the cortex while he chugged down some water. Being so dependent on something then having it taken away created such a different feeling. Barry hated not having his speed, and he didn't need her there to rub it in his face on how he screwed up.

"Yeah, I noticed," Alexandra rolled her eyes. She planned to never go back to that lab, and she probably wouldn't have if Barry didn't show up at her apartment the other day. The visit was so out of the blue, especially since he had threatened her before that if he saw her again. But there she was, standing in the middle of the people that locked her up. "I mean how, and may I point out that whatever the hell happened was extremely painful."

"That was you?" Cisco asked. The group of them looked at the young man for him to explain, all but Wells who was still looking at Alex. She could feel his gaze on her, and when she whipped her head over, he averted his attention to Cisco. "During that surge, Barry got a few extra hits on him, I didn't say anything but I guess that it was caused by you."

"Yeah I was out on a run," Alex informed. Her eyes narrowed as she looked over at a still out of breath Barry. Her Ribs were still aching from the tumble she went through, along with the large gash on her arm that she hadn't cleaned up yet. "Got a few hits on myself when you suddenly go from eight hundred to seven miles an hour."

"Why were you out anyway?" Barry scowled. He was in a sour mood at the start of that day because of Alex and losing his powers only made it worse. Not only had he shown up at her apartment to ask if they could put aside their differences and work together, but he was willing to forgive her. But then she had to kick him out of the place and have the decency to show up the next day wondering when she got hurt because she was using his powers.

"Why not?" Alex shrugged. She leaned against the rail in the cortex and watched as Barry's emotions turned for the worse. Her game would always be in play and it would always be her move. Barry was a pawn while she was the king. His anger was only amusing her more because without his speed, Barry Allen was utterly defenseless.

"What if someone caught you?" He shouted, he had enough of her care free attitude. Everything she did effected someone else and she was only concerned about her own well being. "I can't have people knowing who I am and you're going to screw that up!"

"Do you honestly think I'm stupid enough to let someone catch me? You're little secret is safe with me. You should be more worried about being able to up hold your own secret, Barry Allen. People know you they don't know me," Alex snapped, she advanced towards him with each word being spoke. He clenched his jaw but remained silent.

"I have to go worn Joe."

After his leaving, Alex shuffled over to one of the chairs at the computers. Her fingers swiftly moved over the keys in hopes to find what she was looking for. If Barry was going to help his family and not focus on finding his powers then she would do it for her sake. She loved the feeling of running at that speed.

"Ah, what are you doing?" Cisco asked, she was sitting in his spot and using his computer without even asking. They didn't know anything about Alex, barely anything popped up when they looked through her file at the CCPD database, besides the times she got fined and when she got arrested. Because of that lack of knowledge, he had no way to know if he could trust her or not.