CHAPTER TWELVE

Alex was feeling better the next morning. Rather than waking up with a scowl, she had a warm feeling in her stomach. It was going to be a good day, or at least a lot better than then day before – she could feel it. Instead of having her usual cereal for breakfast, she decided to go to Jitters and get something there. She deserved a warm muffin along with hot coffee.

Her mistake to not change and shower before going to bed really hit her hard when she looked in the mirror. Although her blonde hair was short, it was an absolute mess. Blood was dried up on her cheek from the night before and a shower was really in her best interest. Not only physically, but mentally. The stream of hot water washed away all of her unwanted emotions.

After staying under for an extra ten minutes, she reluctantly left the steamy room. Alex sang along to the song playing on her phone, she stopped when she noticed the time. It was a lot later than she thought. The sun was high up in the sky, and instead of the expected eight o'clock, it was nearing eleven. That must have been why she was in such a good mood.

Alexandra tightened the towel around her and shuffled over to her closest. After settling on a pair of dark jeans, white shirt, and her leather jacket, she tossed her towel onto the bed to change. One of her favourite songs began to play on her phone, and she danced along to it. The words flowed out of her mouth as she did a twirl but stopped when a voice came from behind.

"Uhh..." Alex screamed as she turned to see Barry standing at her bedroom door. She rushed into her closest and slammed the door shut. Never in her entire life had she been so mortified. Her co-worker, as well as friend, had just seen her naked. For how long? She hoped that it was only a few seconds – rather than since the time she stepped out of the bathroom.

"Get out!" Alex screeched. She heard a gust of wind and her door slam closed. Alex took a deep breath and changed into the clothes she picked out so quickly that it could have been mistaken that she was shifted into the Flash. The last thing she wanted to do was go out there and face him, but she had to.

However, when she left the bedroom, Barry was gone, and a coffee and note was left in his place. Sorry, for barging in. Come to the lab Caitlin's been taken. Alex skipped the breakfast, as well as the coffee Barry left her, and ran to the lab. While walking into the cortex, she shifted back into herself. Snart was the one who took Caitlin, it had to be.

"What the hell is going on?" Alex snapped. She looked over at Cisco for answers, but Barry was the one who spoke up even if it was a jumble of words he quickly gave up on. His face was flushed red from their early encounter, while Alex somehow remained calm. How was she able to keep herself contained?

"What happened to your face?" Cisco questioned. The cut on her cheek wasn't deep enough that it needed stitches but it was quite obvious that something happened to her. Barry hadn't noticed it that morning, he was preoccupied looking at everything but her face.

"Ran into some trouble last night," Alex shrugged it off. She gestured for Cisco to explain why Caitlin had been taken. They knew when she didn't want questions to be asked. Whatever happened, it couldn't have been too big of a deal since that was the only wound she seemed to have.

"Snart's got a partner, Mick Rory, big-time arsonist. They took Caitlin, found her car this morning; it was covered in ice. They want a fight with me, and they're gonna get it." Cisco played a video of Snart, it was on the news earlier that morning. Alex tensed as she heard his eerily familiar voice.

"Greetings, citizens of Central City. I am Leonard Snart, but you can call me Cold. That red streak you've been hearing whispers about, the one mysteriously saving people these past few months? Well, surprise, he's real. He calls himself The Flash. Porter and Main, tonight, sundown. Come out, come out, wherever you are Flash. Show the world you're real. Or this woman dies." The video was cut off there.