Confessions

"Ant" I say softly stepping up next to his shaking form. I could tell he was crying.
"Hey look at me I'm sorry"
"N-n-no you're not"
I clutched him in one of my notorious bear hugs. He struggled for a while but eventually relaxed and laid his head against my chest.
"Shhh" I soothed as I kissed his head.
"Jordan?"
"Yeah"
"What happened to your parents?"
"They were burned at the stake"
"Oh sorry I asked"
"It's alright you were thinking about your mom again weren't you"
He nodded. I looked at him and smiled at him trying to coax his smile out of him. He finally smiled back. I kissed his forehead and scooped him up bridal style.
"What happened to Eragon?"
"He was getting hot so I took him home that's why I didn't kiss you"
"Oh...ok"
I carried him home lazily there was someone Ant and I didn't like. Notch had a grip on the dead eragon's neck. I felt tears coming to my eyes and Ant stood up he gripped his long double katanas. I knew he could use those. He ran at night and attacked. Notch was pretty beat up and weakly hurled Ant away. I ran foreword and while he was turned kicked him firmly in the spine. He fell dead quickly. I ran to Ant who was getting up.
"Ant are you ok" I asked. He nodded and smiled.
"Never better" he says and I rushed into his arms. I started sobbing before I knew it. He comforted me and looked at Eragon.