Old friends

I winced and fell again crying out as my large hideous burns hit the ground. This time I looked up and saw a huge tree with someone flying with sleek red wings talking to someone on a balcony. The one on the balcony seemed to notice me. He leapt to a tree and slid down the vines coming to a stop next to me. He had long black hair deep brown eyes as though to just to add the flare a wedding ring and amulet were on him.
"That must have been quite a fall. Would you like to come inside and rest. We could get you fixed up all nice and give you a place to live."
I eyed him and his friend? Husband? Who'd recent landed. I slowly nodded not quite sure. I recognized the black haired one from somewhere, where I didn't know.
"Where you ever an angel sir?"
"Yes I'm a fallen now for marrying Jordan"
"Oh..."
"Yes if you know me I don't really remember you."
"Ghost one of the four kids who played in your yard all the time"
"Oh you're the second oldest wasn't Martin the oldest while Simon and Baki were the same age?"
"Yeah and your mom always came outside and taught us things the orphanage didn't."
"Yeah and I was stuck dragging my mom back inside after dark so you four would go home"
"Yeah...home"
"Who in all was adopted?"
"Baki and Simon were Martin adopted me when he was old enough because he was twenty while I was seventeen"
"Oh that's terrible how could no one adopt you, you and Martin were such cute little kids~"
"Yeah I know"
Jordan was watching me and Ant the whole time holding onto Ant's hand. Ant was soothing the demon by running his thumb over the back of Jordan's hand.
"Come on ghost let's go get you fixed up and into some clean clothes."
"Thank you~"
"No problemo"
Ant led me into his home and showed me around the large tree. Eventually he had me lay down in a room that would become my own. He worked at my burns getting rid of the puss scabbing and over all infection. I sat as quietly as I could as Jordan soothed me. He continuously ran his fingers through my hair. He smiled but said nothing really just watching Ant work. Jordan would have been scary if he wasn't with Ant. I trusted Ant deeply.
"Alright there you go ghost you're going to have some bad scarring that probably won't fade but over all you'll be ok"
"Thanks"
"Your welcome ghost come on Jordan let's go make lunch because well I'm hungry"
"No you're just fat"
"Touché touché"
I smiled as the two left the room they seemed happy, though now my hopes and dreams were scattered pieces. I'd wanted nothing more than to be with Baki and hold him. I wanted to be there for him when he needed someone or come home to him after war and see him smiling like I'd just walked through hell. No, I'd never walked through a hell quite like my reality.