Quit cher' bitchin'

(I warn you this girl is profanic).
I hesitated to utter a single breath as I listened to the utterances of my drunken husband. I closed my eyes as he ranted about my cheapskate family. I could kill him if I could get my trembling hands on a bow. I didn't want to get hurt again. Not like last time. I'd promised myself never again. Who could I run to honestly though.

Who would care about a flat chested woman with no ass that couldn't even stand up straight. I was worthless just like he told me. I knew how worthless I was I didn't need a reminder. He dwelled on my disability. I heard him approach and he grabbed me roughly. I fought kicking and screaming but he wouldn't let go as he threw me to the bed. No one would save me. They never did and now was no di-CRASH.

I'd never been thankful for a loud noise. Footsteps walk towards the bedroom. A man steps in with an angry expression. He held a gun to my husbands head. He wore a police vest and looked like the "bad cop". My husband put his hands up and he was quickly handcuffed. The cop holstered his gun and I recognized the man. Double...I hadn't seen him in years. He offered me a hand and I ignored it hugging him tears trailing down my cheeks.
"Hey easy it's alright. Shhhh it's ok easy girl" he says.
"I'm not a horse Ryan"
"Well you sure do ride like one"
I giggled. Ryan had always made me feel better. He bayed at me making me snort. He eventually released me. I rode in his police car with him to the station there me and Fredrick were divorced Ryan comforting me the whole time. I felt safe after he took me home with him. He tucked me into his bed and gently kissed my forehead. I felt even safer with his smell so close as I snuggled below the blankets happily.