At the cross

I woke up during late evening. I expected Steve to still be in my arms reading or something. He wasn't and I got nervous. Something felt wrong there was no sign that Steve was even home.
"STEVE"
There wasn't an answer and I leapt up. I skidded out of the house only to find the temperature had dropped and I wasn't wearing anything except my normal shirt a pair of jeans and my combat boots. It was freezing out doors. If I didn't move I would probably become a brinery pop sickle. That would taste disgusting. I thanked my luck though for it had snowed slightly. There were two footprints and a large line that drug. Some areas were deeper than other like someone had dug into the ground with there heels. Steve!
I sprinted into the house threw on my coat and took off running after the tracks. I had ran for at least a half hour and my breath was becoming labored. I hadn't run this far for a long time. Suddenly the digging in stopped and traces of blood led. I followed and dropped to my hands and feet. I growled and concentrated as hard as I could. I felt my tail stretching out more and my horns were prominent and deadly. My claws formed and spines started to crawl up my spine. My demonic form was much more suited for long running in this environment. I took off running upright and eventually I smelt the ash of fire. It was from a long time ago. I sniffed the air more. Burnt flesh...
"Steve?"
I crept towards the clearing.
"Stevey?"
"Brine?"
"Oh thank The Lord"
I scooped up Steve into my arms. His left arm and legs were badly singed in places to the bone. He his his face against my chest. He'd been tied to the cross which was now eaten by flames. I kissed his head.
"All is well"
"I was just going to get some meat for dinner that would be fresh and these two people grabbed me. I struggled and well they eventually struck me. I stopped after I started bleeding. I I just want to go home"
"I know and we will"
I headed home with a different mood in my mind. I was going to break. Someone was going to die tonight.