"Restful" night

Ant was leaning against me as I say up in bed thinking about things. I didn't understand how Ant fell for something like me. He deserved a lot better but no he'd decided to take me as a mate. I was happy yes that was certain and I wouldn't replace him with anything in the world yet? I didn't understand what I was feeling I loved him and knew he was mine yet I wanted him to have someone better. I was short tempered with him and constantly craving attention. I was like a pet to him a full blood Pit if anything. He shivered under the blanket which made me hold him close so he could sleep. He had terrible insomnia. I looked at him. He and Eragon looked so much alike. Me and Eragon had the same smile eyes and stance other than that there wasn't much maybe a few habits including but not limited to yelling at inanimate objects and telling people to shut up so I can think. Ant's soft even snores emitted from where he was. I looked at him brushing his raven hair out of his tanned face. I ran my thumb over his cheek.
"I love you"
I walked up the stairs of Jerry's tree the slime leaping after me as I walked to the top and sat down. I looked up at the stars who I used to believe would protect me from my father's wrath. How stupid I'd been to believe that. They did nothing because they were just masses of nuclear fusion. I stood and leapt into the sky flying as high as I dared and looked down. Is this how the clouds saw us? Maybe one day I'd know what it was like to live above the clouds. I brushed a hand against the bottom of a cool cloud. It left water on my hand and I sighed. I dove towards the ground landing in a deep ocean near Jerry's tree. I burst out of the water with plants in my teeth and hair. Ant was going to be pissed but I didn't care. I played around doing things I'd dreamed of a kid. By the time I got home the sun was just starting to come over the horizon hen I remembered...Ant.