(6) - Stomping Grounds

First few minutes out of the rehab as a free clean man and I didn't know how to feel about it. I was out on my own with nothing or anybody to talk to but another side of me was assuring myself that everything was going to be okay. I was starting with the cleanest slate.

"You sure you going to be okay out here, man?" Gunplay asked as we both walked out the doors of the rehab, "You know I don't mind you crashing at me and my baby momma spot till you get back on your feet." he offered.

I thought of my funds and how this morning I paid for my rehab and a half of the payment to Dad. Money was low but not low enough to book a little motel room until I could get on my feet.

"I'll most def hit you when I come across some business aight?" I dapped him up as he nodded his head jogging over to a woman who wore a full spandex jumpsuit as she leaned on the car.

I shook my head looking forward across the street at a blacked out Mercedes-Benz with tints dark as hell and as the door opened Mr.Jones came out leaning on the door.

I walked across the street as a smile crept across his lips and opened his arms.

"I never break a promise." I stood in front of him as I analyzed the car behind him.

"Can't let you drive around here without a car," He dropped the keys in my hand making me look down at my hand as I closed my hand into a fist.

I didn't know how to feel about it. I didn't know Mr. Jones from a can of paint, but he was willing to help me more than others. He gave me a damn car; it wasn't anything that was like a Toyota or a damn Nissan; it was a Mercedes. Although I was massively grateful, I was still hesitant.

"They key to your apartment is there too," he added as I took a deep breath.

"Man, this is too much. I know you trying to help me but man..."

He lifted his hand. "Like I said we family now. You have a pretty penny to pay your father for the next three years and I'm giving you a little push."

I played with my fingers thinking about everything and if it was the right decision to make. Honestly, anything that came my way was the right decision to make, but Mr.Jones was the most valuable. A job, a car and a home for nothing in return, aside from marrying his daughter which would be virtually impossible for me but he looked like the man who can probably pull some strings.

"So what if I go back home?" I asked as he tapped on his phone screen making me glance over and look at the young woman on his screen, most likely his daughter.

He sighed, shoving his phone into his pocket. "Remember that your family should always welcome you back regardless of any situation. I will always welcome you back regardless of the situation. But under one condition, you always keep your head up. Do not let anyone of these niggas out here throw you off your game. You came from a powerful family and is becoming a special addition to another family. You have so much power in your hands, it's either you can abuse that power or use it to become the biggest leader... after me." we both laughed as I shook my head.

"But nah, I don't plan ongoing back home ever again." I stated opening the door.

"Don't say you won't. You never know what going to happen where they need you."

I got into the car, ignoring his last statement; they didn't need me.

I spent the whole time up from the plane ride to New Orleans and even the drive the house, my stomach was in knots. Every single problem that I think that would happen was running through my mind. What if my dad just wanted to kill me with his own hands? Shit, even worse what if my mom was super sick or even my dad was sick or someone in my family died? That's what ran through my mind the whole time.