(12) - Cut Throat

"Aight that's all y'all need?" I said as I walked up and down the aisles of the corner store making sure that they wasn't stealing nothing or causing trouble that would dirty my face

The hood loved me and I always made sure that I rep them to the hardest and showed the little ones that anyone can make it out the hood.

I walked towards the back to the deli to see my little brother standing along with his friends as they watched a basketball game on the TV.

"Kiddo! Come on, man. I gotta head to the studio bruh." I gripped his shoulder as he looked up at me and frowned.

Kiddo, my baby brother and the only nigga I honestly trusted out here in the hood. It wasn't nothing bad but I rather trust the nigga I lived and spent my whole life with rather than some random nigga in the streets. Kiddo was sixteen and a smart kid into robotics, although he was smart, he was still surrounded around them bad ass niggas who roamed the streets, played basketball and store from the local stores. I couldn't tell Kiddo how to make friends or who should be his friends but I damn sure whooped his ass every time he messed up from hanging out with them.

"It's the last quarter Bruh! Plus, I gotta wait on my sausage sandwich, he pointed at microwave that was heating up the sausages.

"Ay Zoe you ready?" My best friend Marven asked as he walked down the aisle with a shitload of snacks and drinks along with Snickers and Twix that filled his pockets.

"Who paying for your shit?" I questioned as I studied him as he had almost ten dollar's worth of shit in his hands like he wasn't making the same bread as me.

"Nigga,  you the one who offered to buy whatever anyone picked up in the store," he argued as he turned on his heel and walked to the front of the store, "you poor rich nigga," He scoffed making me laugh.

I turned to Kiddo as he continued to watch the game then was handed his sandwich.

"Aight Kid, lets go nigga," I said as I started to walk to the cashier and reached into my pocket, taking out the roll of hundreds and peeling three hundred dollars and passing it to the Arab owner who nodded his head.

"Hold on lemme get a Arizon—"

Bam!

The sounds of the back door flew open as two masked niggas swarming the back of the store immediately catching me off guard.

I reached for my pants already pissed that I forgot my gun at the damn crib. They caught me slipping, and I had the biggest idea that they were after me. I glanced at the Tv surveillance camera and watched as they robbed every person down the aisles but they couldn't get anything. I stayed still watching like a hawk trying to figure out where the hell Kiddo was.

"Ay zoe! Look who I found!" I heard a voice as I glanced over at the last aisle to see a gun being aimed down at the ground.

"I know you got bread, yo brother out here gleecing," he chuckled instantly making me realize that he had a gun pointed at Kiddo.