(9) - The Escapee

"You know I don't approve of this at all?" Daddy calmly said as he looked at me and then my belly then turned to Jesse

As crazy as it was, it was the only way out. A baby, one that I wasn't fully sure about at the time but if I wanted to live sort of normal life, this was it. Marriage surely wasn't in my plans but meeting Jesse and us ultimately clicking, we decided that this was the main plan.

"Not at all sir bu-"

"I wasn't talking to you. I was talking to my daughter." He cut off Jesse in an instant as he stared me down.

What my father did not understand was that I was never scared of him nor intimidated by him. I never let the mean mug or quick remarks catch me off guard. He never disrespected me only because he knew the fire that I would dish out in an instant. Before Sammad or Taj was considered to even run the family, Dada came to me. I knew the insides and outs of the business from exclusive partners to any future business plans that he wanted to proceed with.

"Well, when it comes to the mother of my child, you are speaking to the both of us." Jesse spoke up as he grabbed my hand.

Dada stayed silent as he stroked his beard and chuckled to himself.

"Since you went ahead and did this, I'm convinced you can you provide for you, your child and my daughter?" He asked as I raised my brow.

Ever since Sammad's departure, dad had been really on the rocks since with everyone. The business was failing, and I wasn't going to help him and Taj and him were distant for a while. He played every situation like a lifeline and made the most outrageous decisions, so knowing him, he was going to do something off the wall.

Jesse nodded his head as I smiled stroking his hand, "Yes sir."

"Well, she's cut off. All finances. I'm sure you can handle right? A brand new BMW, high-rise apartment which rent is out of this world and now a baby... you think you can handle it?"

My eyes widened as I stood up, slamming my hand onto the desk.

"So because I decided to leave this damn business you cut me off? I worked hard for you even when I didn't want to!" I yelled as tears streamed down my face.

He sighed leaning back in his chair. "Show me that you are better off without the family, that you'll live these next three years without getting killed."

"You really want to make that bet with me?" I smirked as Jesse held my hand slightly nodding.

I didn't say another word as Jesse helped me up and we walked out of Dada's office. I hope he just knew that this was game.

I walked into the house and was already greeted to the loud music of Paw Patrol that filled the condo.

"Marshall, Rubble, Chase Rocky, Zuma, Skye, Yeah!" I overheard my best friend Zuli scream at the top of her lungs as I dropped my purse on the couch watching her dance with Tayo as he paced back and forth in his jumper.