(20)- Wounds

Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty

I had to do it; I felt like everything was eating at my neck the longer that I thought about it as well. It made me remember the younger days when an old brother used to tell me that women would look way more beautiful when it was time to cut things off. I never believed in it, I felt like Neysa looked like a damn zombie when I broke up with her but now; I was seeing it.

She sat in front of me and looked into my eyes as I already saw the hurt everywhere.

The reason I did this was because I had too much shit going on and my eyes were on different things mentally, physically and emotionally. I was dragging her around and hurting her in the process but what made it worse was the thought of her having sex with someone else. That's what made every single feeling removed from my head and think of her like any other person.

I looked at her as she had on a simple white tee and jeans with some Nike's on as her hair was in a ponytail.

"I- I don't even know how to explain all this shit going on in my head." I said as I ran my fingers through my hair taking a deep breath.

"I can tell something's off, so just tell me." She spoke as she just looked relaxed as if we didn't have a whole argument a day ago.

"I don't know what I want, not right now at the least."

"Don't know what you want as in what? Me?" she asked as I looked up at her already choking up on my words.

Get it together nigga.

"Y-yeah. I wired your money to your account and I'll pay for you to get back home... or wherever you want. I think I can't get over dude from Cali and my mind been on other things." I said as I looked over at my room.

"Now you know how I feel when it comes to your wife and the chick from rehab. We're too much for each other, and I've already accepted it. I don't need you to pay for me to leave. I'll handle that on my own." My brow rose at her.

"I'm not paying you to leave im giving you the money that you paid for the red envelope."

She blew out a breath. "Yeah thanks. Here's your ring back." she said as she placed the ring into my hand.

I stared at it longer than I should have every little thought come back into my head giving me a headache I wasn't ready for.

You sure you making the right decision?

I handed her back the ring. "That was really picked for you. Me keeping it just might make me change my mind."

She took the ring and put it in my shirt pocket. "Me keeping it will only remind me of the happy ending I never got."

It was silent for a few seconds as I just quickly closed my eyes and took a deep meditation. I couldn't lie and say that it stung a little.

"Maybe when this is all ov-"