(22)- Savage

Chapter Twenty-Two

Chapter Twenty-Two

I looked on as the private doctor replaced the dressing on my wounds as he tediously poked around it making me so uncomfortable. I winced in pain squeezing my eyes closed as I clenched my fist. Just from the small mumbles I made, made him look up at me and bandaged me up as he stood straight and started to write on his clipboard.

"What's your pain level today?" He asked as I took a deep breath.

"Zero," I lied.

I was in super pain but I wasn't going to admit that. I didn't want to see pills or even think about pain meds. That was the past me and I wasn't going to go down back that dark ass path.

"Are you sure Ms. Adams?" he asked again as I looked up at him brow raised.

"Doctor Meshan, she's fine." I heard a voice instantly making me put my head down.

I was in trouble, big trouble. Enough trouble to maybe have my head cut the fuck off and into pieces fucking up how I did. I just knew that every action had a reaction but I honestly didnt find myself sitting here to be honest, It was the last fucking place to be but I guess got had completely different plans.

"It's imperative that she takes some meds, she's recovering way slower than most patients M-"

"It's fine, she'll pull through." She said as I took a deep breath looking up and shifted up in the bed looking at her.

The doctor sighed, taking his things, "I'll be back in a week on her progress."

She smiled nodding her head, "Thank you so much."

He walked out of the room and it was just me and her. I closed my eyes already expecting the fit that she was going to throw and know that it wasn't going to be pretty. Since I was sixteen, I heard lecture after lecture and learned many things from her but this was going to be totally different.

She took a deep breath and stood before me as her hands stayed behind her back.

"You know your mother will be absolutely upset." She scolded me as I couldn't help but to already hold back tears that were gradually starting to stream down my cheeks, "I'm definitely upset."

I exhaled a breath as a throbbing pain started to radiate on my side as I held onto it.

Everything shifted, everything. As much as everything was in my control at one point, things started to really get out of hand when Jeezy and Jeannie came into the picture.

"I know it's way off of what was according to plan." I spoke slowly.

"Way off? Way off!?" she finally removed her hands from her back as she threw the knife making me instantly catch it before hitting me on my side as I dropped it on the floor, "Its so many things happening right now, I can't even-" She blew out a breath sitting on the bed.