ᶜᴴᴬᴾᵀᴱᴿ ¹

(Third person)

The green haired teen stood still in the rain, at his mothers grave. He didn't care that the cast on his broken arm was falling apart form the water. He just stared, blankly at the grave stone. It had her date of death, which was a month prior to this day.

He felt utterly guilty, like her death had been all his fault. Or it should've been him.
A man placed his hand on the teens shoulder.
'Come on... your uncle is waiting for you...' the man said.
Midoriya dawdled towards the car.

His mother had died in an accident he was involved in. It was not the boys fault, in fact, it had nothing to do with him. A truck was going full speed at a red light. And although Midoriya was standing next to his mother, only she got the full blow.

Midoriya only got half of what she did. You see, she was closer to the truck at impact. Midoriya believes he should've been the one closer to the truck. Even though he was put in an induced coma, and broke several bones, he'd rather his mother in his place.

The man drove the teen to a small house, then escorted him to the front door. They man knocked, and the person who opened the door was another man. He had green hair, quite like Midoriyas, but he looked Middle Aged.

'Hello Mr Midoriya!' The man spoke. 'I'm Izukus social worker for now.' He shook hands with the other man.
'Oh! Izuku you're all grown up! Come in..' the man said with a smile.

The two were invited into the house. Midoriya sat silently at the table, fiddling with the string on his jumper. The older man sat cups of tea on the table.
'Now, Midoriya-kun... you're happy taking in Izuku as your own?' The man asked.

'Yes..' Midoriya said.
The man slid some papers across the table, then was discussing things with the teens uncle. But, he sat silently, twirling the string on his finger, and picking at the plaster on his cast. He didn't feel good. He felt like throwing up. He felt like he'd burden his new guardian.

'Izuku? I'm leaving now buddy... you've got my card, call me if you need.' He said, then he stood up. Midoriya and Izuku waved goodbye to the man, then stood awkwardly at the front door.

'Hey, Izuku.. You can just call me Hiriku...' He broke the silence.
Midoriya glanced up at his uncle.
'Okay..' Midoriya mumbled.

Hiriku ruffled up his hair then walked off into the kitchen.
'What would you like to eat? This is your first day discharged from hospital, right?' Hiriku mentioned.
'Yeah.. I don't feel hungry..' Midoriya shyly mumbled.

'Really? Do you feel sick?' He asked.
'A little.. probably from the induced coma..' Midoriya mentioned.
'Okay... so you don't want to eat at all then?' He questioned.

Midoriya just nodded.
'Well.. I'll take you to your room, sorry my house isn't very big...' Hiriku walked down a passage, Midoriya followed.
'My house was a similar size.. I don't mind..' Midoriya mumbled.

Hiriku opened a door.
'Here... it's not very big...' he said.
Midoriya gazed into the room as he slowly walked into it. There was a single bed, a small desk and a built in small wardrobe. White curtains hung down beside a window, out the window there was a small courtyard. It was a small room, but it looked comfy.

Midoriya smiled a little as he looked at his uncle.
'It's a lovely room.. thank you...' he gratefully said.
His uncle put on a proud smile.
'Well then, if you're going to sleep I'll leave you be... my rooms down the hallway if you need me, toilets closest to your room.' He smiled.

'Thank you...' Midoriya said.
'Bye then! Oh- and your social worker person said he's taking you to your house tomorrow, so you can get your belongings.' Hiriku smiled as he closed the door.

Midoriya stood still for a moment, then closed the curtains by the window. It was only around 7pm, but he didn't feel very well. Truth be told, he didn't want to return home. When he awoke from his induced coma a few days ago, he was told about his mother. Ever since then he hasn't felt well when he thought about her. She was all he had.

Returning home would make him feel the same guilt and queasiness, like anxiety that won't go away. His child supporter had told him his Uncle was taking him in, since he was the only family Izuku had left. Even though they had only met a few times when Izuku was younger, Hiriku felt sorry for the teen.

Midoriya tried to pull his jumper off, struggling when he had to get it past the cast. But, the cast slipped off with the jumper. The teen gasped then stared at his arm. It was bruised, but not swollen much. He picked up the cast and stared at it. His arm was thinner than the cast was, he decided it was probably because of swelling going down.

He put down the cast then walked out of his room, he found Hiriku in the kitchen, cooking.
'Um... uncle Hiriku?' Izuku mumbled.
Hiriku glanced over at Izuku with a smile.

'What's up?' He asked.
Izuku held up his arm, with a shy expression on his face.
'My um.. cast slipped off...' Midoriya mumbled.
'Oh!' Hiriku turned the stove off, then opened one of the cupboards.

He took out a bandage and walked over to the young teen.
'Do you mind if I wrap it up?' He said.
Midoriya shook his head. They both sat down at the table, Hiriku gently held Midoriyas arm and wrapped it up tight. Midoriya tried not to show signs that it really hurt, but Hiriku noticed.

'Would you like some acetaminophen?' Hiriku asked.
Midoriya shook his hands.
'Ah- no I'm okay.. sorry...' Midoriya mumbled.
Hiriku chuckled and stood up.
'Alright then... you can watch a movie if you'd like..' he said.

And so it began. Izuku went to his home and collected his belongings, then settled into his new life with Hiriku. He was on bed rest for a week, before he had to go back to school. He had to transfer to a new school, since his old one was too far away. Not that he minded much, he didn't really have friends in his old school. He was bullied by a family friend, Katsuki Bakugo, so everyone stayed away from Midoriya in fear of being the next victim.

Midoriyas new school was quite casual, and he was very nervous, but he decided he would try his best to not disappoint his new guardian. And it was Monday, the third week of the last school term before graduation to high school.