ᶜᴴᴬᴾᵀᴱᴿ ⁴¹

(Third person)

Days had passed and Midoriya still hadn't woken up. He laid as still as a brick. The only movement was the slight rise and fall of his chest, something Todoroki watched for. Even though the doctors said he was stable, and healing, anxiety continued to tear at Todorokis heart.

What if his one movement stopped, the one thing that showed he was alive? It pained Todoroki to think about it, he could barely sleep. He hadn't left the hospital for days. He didn't go to school, he didn't go home to sleep, he remained by his boyfriends side.

Today was different, Todoroki had left the hospital. He had to go to court, and act as a witness to Midoriyas extortion. Shigarakis excuses made him furious, he wanted to kill the man for what he had put Midoriya through. In the end, Shigaraki was guilty. He was sentenced to life in prison, but he will probably pay a lot of money to shorten the sentence.

His lackeys were each ordered their own group of years, or decades in prison. Todoroki wished for them all to spend their lives there. Since the Shigaraki company completely collapsed, Hirikus business began to struggle. However, Todoroki convinced his father to partner with the business.

Hiriku was furious about what had happened to his nephew, and he felt somewhat responsible due to his own involvement with Shigaraki. Todoroki assured him it was all Shigarakis doing, and no one else was guilty of anything. Hiriku has spent a lot of his time sitting with Todoroki in the hospital, watching over Midoriya.

It was a Saturday afternoon, they were both doing just that. They munched on sandwiches Kayo had made them, though neither of them had much of an appetite.
'Is my father treating you well?' Todoroki asked.
'Yes, actually my business is thriving like never before... the AM president is even giving me inquiries...' Hiriku smiled.

'That's good... if he likes your business then you must produce fairly good results...' todoroki smiled.
'Most of the time we do...' Hiriku took todorokis rubbish and placed it in the trash.
They spent a while talking, then Hiriku scratched his chin.
'Say... you two have matching rings... are you dating?' Hiriku asked.

Todoroki flinched.
'Oh, I won't judge if you are... Kayo and I are betting on whether Izuku knows he's gay or still doesn't know it...' Hiriku mumbled.
'Huh? How do you know he's gay? He could be bi, or pan... or something...' todoroki mumbled.

'Even when he was a child, he would look at boys and say he's so cool! And when he was around 7 he would blush when he saw a cute boy, but whenever I showed him girls with big boobs he didn't understand what was so attractive about them... when he moved in with me, he met Momo and Mina at school, and said nothing about their looks... but he talked about this cute guy that everyone likes a lot... it's so obvious...' Hiriku chuckled.

'Oh... yeah that sounds like him... he is my boyfriend, I think he was too scared of your possible reaction to tell you...' Todoroki shrugged.
'I can understand that... he's a very secretive person...' Hiriku smiled.

Midoriyas eyes suddenly flickered open. He didn't move at all, just held his eyes in a slightly opened position. Todoroki was the first to notice, he immediately hit the nurse button.
'Izu?' Todoroki called with wide eyes.
Midoriya blinked, then glanced over at Todoroki. A small smile pressed against his lips.

A doctor rushed into the room and walked up to Midoriya. Midoriya glanced over to Hiriku and gave an apologetic smile. The doctor began asking Midoriya questions, checking if he was ok. Midoriya couldn't talk yet, so he just slightly nodded or shook his head. The doctor took a little bit of blood from Midoriya, then walked off to get it tested.

Todoroki handed Midoriya a bottle of water, with the cap already taken off. Midoriya took his oxygen mask off, then carefully took the bottle. His hands were trembling. He sipped on the water, then let out a little cough.
'Thank you..' He whispered as he handed the bottle back to todoroki.

Todoroki took it and placed it on the floor.
'How long.. have I been here...' Midoriya whispered.
'A couple days...' Todoroki held Midoriyas cold hand.
Midoriya pulled his oxygen mask back on with his other hand and nodded slightly. Todoroki soothingly rubbed Midoriyas hand with a slight smile.

'Well, looks who's awake...' Nezu called from the entrance of the room.
Nezu and Aizawa both walked into the room, and up to Midoriyas bed. Midoriya looked towards them and let out a relived sigh.
'You little brat, you didn't have to do that...' Aizawa mumbled as he pat Midoriya on the head.

'I did... I didn't want anyone else to die because of me...' Midoriya whispered.
'But the damage you did to yourself isn't a way to fix that...' Aizawa muttered.
'Then what was I suppose to do? Beg for them not to kill you? Don't you think I've tried that?' Midoriya asked quietly.

Aizawa stayed quiet, not having any excuse. Nezu pat Aizawa on the back.
'There wasn't anything he could do without someone getting harmed. In the end, he's recovering, that's all that matters...' Nezu smiled.

Bakugo, Mina, Momo and Kirishima all walked into the room holding gifts.
'Deku!' Katsuki snapped when he noticed Midoriya was awake.
'Midoriya! Good morning!' Kirishima smiled.
Momo and Mina both hugged the unwell teen.

'Your such a problem child...' Mina mentioned.
'Mina don't be a bitch he just woke up..' Momo mumbled.
Midoriya gasped at momos sudden naughty word. Todoroki flicked Momo on the head. Mina looked over at Hiriku and smiled.

'Hello Hiriku!' Mina beamed.
'Hello..' Hiriku smiled.
Mina have Hiriku a hug. Midoriya glared at them, wondering when they got on a first name basis.
'We use to come over a lot in middle school, remember?' Momo mentioned.
'Oh yeah.. that was so long ago...' Midoriya said quietly.

Kirishima sat everyone's gifts down on the small table. Midoriya looked towards them.
'You didn't have to get me anything...' Midoriya mumbled.
'Of course we did... your our manly little man!' Kirishima grinned.

'I'm gonna kill that Shigaraki bastard...' Katsuki growled.
'I'll join!' Mina chimed.
'We can't, he's already in jail... don't worry, I accidentally spilt tea on him at court...' Nezu mentioned.
Todoroki chuckled, 'that was the best part..'

'I hope the accident wasn't an accident...' Momo sighed.
'Aizawa tripped me...' Nezu mumbled.
'On purpose..' Aizawa snickered.
Midoriya smiled weakly.

Midoriya spent a few more days in hospital to recover, Todoroki refused to leave Midoriyas side. He slept in the bed, holding Midoriya close to him. No one seemed to mind. Midoriya loved it.

Police came to question Midoriya about his predicament, and the murder of Takeshi (the security guard). Other students from UA came to visit, like Mirio.

And at last, the day came where he was finally discharged, but had to remain at Hirikus' house instead of the dorms for safety reasons. He attended school while staying at Hirikus house, and Todoroki often went for sleepovers so Midoriya wouldn't have nightmares. And, they both needed the love and attention anyway.

————————————-

A/n: hello! This is the second to last chapter, so there will only be one more chapter of this story. See you in chapter 42-FINAL!! ٩( 'ω' )و