ᶜᴴᴬᴾᵀᴱᴿ ¹³

(Third person)

Todoroki and Midoriya played Mario Kart for a while and ate snacks. Around 2 hours after the girls had left there was a knock on the door. Midoriya got up and opened the door.
'HAPPY BIRTHDAY!' Mina screamed, Midoriya flinched at the sudden loud noise.

'Happy birthday..' Momo smiled.
'Thanks guys..' Midoriya invited them in.
Mina carried in a big bag, and Momo carried heating trays.
'We brought you food and presents..' Momo said.

'Huh?? You didn't have to do anything!' Midoriya shook his hands in the air.
'Too late!' Mina grinned and sat the presents on the chair.
Momo sat the trays on the table.
'There's enough for all four of us...' Momo smiled.

Midoriyas eyes filled with tears.
'You guys...' he sobbed as he pulled them both into a hug.
'Happy birthday shorty!' Mina smiled.
'I'm not short!' Midoriya complained.

Their afternoon was spent playing games, opening presents, and eating food. They all had a good time, but the time came where the girls had to go back to their dorms. Todoroki and Midoriya both got ready for bed, then said goodnight before retiring to their rooms.

It wasn't long before Midoriya had fallen asleep, but the nightmares came fast. He woke up as soon as the truck smashed into him. He sat up, gasping, and clenching onto his sheet. Every night, the scene played in his head seemed to get more violent and scarier the more it was played.

He hoped to himself that he hadn't disturbed todoroki. His hands were trembling again, he tried the breathing technique todoroki had showed him, but it didn't work. He got up, put on some slippers then walked out onto the balcony. He stood there, staring up at the starts.

It was rather cold out, but he didn't really notice.
'Mum... why were you taken from me...' he mumbled, as a tear rolled down his innocent cheek.
Before he knew it, he was crying. He covered his face with his hands, he felt like screaming. Inside his head, thoughts were bouncing around blaming him for her death, or saying it should've been him instead.

He tugged at the green locks on his head, desperately trying to make the thoughts go away. Todoroki opened his door and looked towards the smaller boy. He pulled the blanket off his bed and walked up to Midoriya, wrapping the blanket around his shoulders.

'You'll get sick... would you like to talk?' Todoroki quietly asked.
Midoriya looked up at his roommate with tear filled eyes. Todoroki frowned, then guided him into his own room and sat him on the bed.
'What's wrong? You don't have to tell me if it's personal...' Todoroki sat in his chair.

'S-sorry.. just a nightmare...' Midoriya mumbled.
'Again?' Todoroki questioned.
'U-um... yea.. I think I'm.. traumatised...' he mumbled.
'Sorry.. if it's a sensitive topic then you don't have to talk about it, but you can if you want...' todoroki smiled reassuringly.

Midoriya looked into the distance as he thought, then he looked at todoroki.
'I think.. I will keep having nightmares so, I should tell you... but, I don't want to burden you with the weight of my problems...' Midoriya mumbled.

'I don't mind, I'll try help you... we are roommates after all..' todoroki said.
Midoriya sat silently for a bit, then let out a little sigh.

'Well.. a couple months ago, I was in an accident with my mum... a truck hit us both, she died.. but.. I always have nightmares replaying the scene.. my mum dies, and I get hit...' Midoriya rubbed his broken arm in slight discomfort.

'That's horrible... I'm sorry for your loss..' todoroki sympathised.
'I'm sorry that.. you have to deal with me... thanks for last night, too...' Midoriya pulled the blanket further over himself.

'I don't mind... though, you shouldn't suffer in silence.. there are people that can help you...' todoroki said.
'Yeah..' Midoriya mumbled.
'You can lay down in my bed, I'll go get some hot chocolate okay?' Todoroki stood up.

'Ah, thank you Todoroki..' Midoriya mumbled.
'It's fine..' he said as he walked out of the room.
He stood in the kitchen while he made hot chocolate, and he thought about the poor boy.

He felt sorry for Midoriya, because he knew what it was like to suffer from trauma. He held his hand over the burn scar on his face. Though, he was happy his mother was still alive. He still felt he had to help Midoriya, in some way.

He carried two hot chocolates into his room, but when he got there, Midoriya had fallen asleep.
Todoroki smiled, and quietly placed the two mugs on his desk. He pulled a futon out of his cupboard and rolled it onto the floor, then turned off the light.

'Sleep well..' he whispered, as he tucked Midoriya into bed, then crawled into the futon.

***

The next morning, Midoriya was the first to wake up. He sat up and stretched, then looked down at todoroki. He gasped and looked around the room, noticing it was not his own. Todorokis eyes fluttered open, he glanced up at Midoriya and smiled.

'Morning...' he mumbled.
'I am sorry! I fell asleep accidentally! You should've slept in my bed you didn't have to sleep on the floor- or you could've woken me up! I'm sorry I'm sorry!' Midoriya continued apologising.

'Oh hush, I don't mind. I prefer futons over beds...' todoroki stretched.
'But still! I fell asleep in your bed!' Midoriya panicked.
'It doesn't bother me... don't freak out... anyway, I'm going to go shower..' todoroki rolled up the futon and threw it into the cupboard.

While todoroki was in the shower, Midoriya tidied todorokis room and cooked up breakfast. Todoroki walked out of the bathroom with a towel around is waist.
'Smells nice..' he mentioned.

'Pancakes!' Midoriya said, then he looked at todoroki and blushed.
'No fair why do you have abs..' Midoriya pouted, while he stared at the taller boys toned body.
'Oh, I did martial arts...' todoroki said.

'I did martial arts once but I'm pudgy..' Midoriya complained, as he poked his stomach.
'No, you're perfect just the way you are...' todoroki smiled and walked into his room.
Midoriya blushed, and his heart skipped a beat.

'Huh? Am I sick?' He mumbled to himself, as he placed his hand on his head.
'Oh, did you clean my room?' Todoroki poked his head around the door.
'Oh, a little..' Midoriya chuckled nervously.

'You didn't have to, thanks though..' he said before shutting the door.
Midoriya looked towards the pancake, and flipped it. He couldn't remember what he was thinking about, so he just hummed as he cooked.