Through All the Stars

Summary: The NYPD special detective team is the best in the country. From team leader Steve Rogers to arrogant Tony Stark to strategist Clint Barton, not much gets past the NYPD's best team. It's no rumor that part of the reason the team works so well is that husband and wife, Steve and Natasha, make sure everyone's on their A-game all the time. Nothing is too hard for them; except, maybe, getting pregnant.

With Steve and Natasha happily married and settled well into their careers, they decide to try for a baby. The only thing is, it doesn't seem to be working no matter how hard they try and Natasha's starting to worry it's her own fault.

"Nat, have you seen my—" Steve trailed off as he caught sight of Natasha in the kitchen wearing nothing but the button-up shirt he'd been searching for.

He smiled as she turned around and wrapped his arms around her waist before dipping his head down to kiss her. She kissed him back, setting aside her coffee in favour of reaching one hand up to his cheek and resting the other on his chest.

"Did you need something?" she murmured, her lips brushing his as she spoke. Steve tugged lightly on her shirt and she smirked, bringing her mug back up to her lips for another sip of coffee.

"Just looking for my favourite shirt."

He kissed her cheek then slid over to the coffee maker to pour himself some coffee as well. Leaning back against the counter, he watched Natasha finish her coffee, rinse out her mug, then move to leave the kitchen. Before she could disappear, he snagged her around the waist and pulled her back to him for another kiss, deepening it when she didn't pull away immediately.

"We have work in an hour," she mumbled, melting against him anyway as he kissed his way down her neck to her collarbone.

He hit a sensitive spot and her back arched, pressing her closer yet and making him grin against her neck. He sucked lightly along her collar, nipping at the soft skin occasionally and making her yelp in surprise. He quickly smoothed over the spot with his tongue in apology for biting her a little too hard then made his way back up to her lips.

"I can't go to work without my favourite shirt," Steve told her.

Natasha hummed, letting him finger the few buttons she'd actually bothered with. He slowly unbuttoned her shirt and pushed it off her shoulders. She grinned when his eyes darkened; she'd never grow old of his reaction when he saw her naked.

"It's not fair if I'm the only one undressed," she said, quirking an eyebrow. Steve didn't need any more motivation to hoist her up into his arms and carry her into the living room before quickly shedding his sweatpants and pulling his shirt the rest of the way off of her.

* * * * *

As soon as Natasha and Steve stepped into the precinct, they were met with the whistles of their friends and Tony's ever so charming remarks about their tardiness. Natasha side-stepped him and made her way over to Clint's desk while Steve told Tony to can it and went for his own. It wasn't often they were late and even now it was only five minutes, but it never evaded their friends' attention. Natasha had gotten good at ignoring it, but Steve still turned red at some of Tony's more implicit remarks.

"What's Fury got us doing today?" Natasha asked, jumping up so she could sit comfortably on Clint's desk despite his frown.

"Oh, let me just pull out the bulleted schedule," Clint replied sarcastically, opening a desk drawer and pulling out a takeout menu.

Natasha looked on unimpressed as he made up something about a kidnapping around ten, a robbery planned at noon, then paperwork until three when they would finally be sent off to stop some huge drug bust.