Rogers: A Wattpad Exclusive

Summary: Steve Rogers earned a lot of fame when he competed in the summer Olympics two years ago and won a gold medal in three running competitions and two weight lifting ones. Since then, it's hard not to notice his face on ads all around the country. Natasha usually wouldn't care, tending to lean more towards teasing him than being annoyed, but it definitely makes things harder when he picks her up from University right before spring break.

A modern AU

All Natasha wanted was to finish her last two classes for the week in peace; that's all she wanted! She should have known she'd cause a stir when she grabbed that stupid sweater, but all her jackets were packed and the weather had taken a turn toward colder-than-she-wanted, so she'd grabbed the only thing she hadn't stowed away: Steve's team jacket.

There was only one other time she'd worn it and she'd gotten so many questions, she'd vowed never to wear it to class again. Evidently, she'd forgotten that self promise and boy did she regret it. While people weren't directly approaching her about it today, they didn't seem to know that whispers were supposed to be quiet and she could hear every single one that passed. It would be fine, though. She only had two classes left and then she would be free to leave this place for the next two weeks.

As if sensing the hope in her rising, Alexei slid into place beside her. The two of them had started off as friends last year, but things had changed since Alexei joined a gang and decided Natasha was only fit as his lover. For a multitude of reasons beyond those two, Natasha had all but severed their friendship and left him on his own.

"Lots of talk about you 'round here," he said. Natasha leaned away from him as he pressed closer. "How 'bout you help me out and settle the rumours, hm? Where's the sweater from?"

"Go to hell, Shostakov," Natasha said, elbowing him as she ducked into the classroom. She could feel Alexei's scowl on her back, but she ignored it and went right to Maria.

"Shostakov being an ass today?" she asked. Natasha hummed, pulling out her notebook and checking her phone quickly.

"No more than usual, I suppose," Natasha replied. Maria snorted and they changed the subject to spring break until the teacher walked in to begin class.

* * * * *

Upon leaving her last class of the quarter, Natasha could hardly stop herself from sprinting to the dorm to load her car. She was finally done with classes until she came back from spring break and in almost an hour, she'd be walking into her home. She was usually there on the weekends, but this was spring break, so things were very different.

As soon as she walked into her room, she frowned. Her one large suitcase was missing. She remembered putting it right by her desk so it was out of the way but easy to grab. Just to be sure Maria didn't play any tricks on her, she checked her closet. As expected, it was empty. Now she was getting annoyed. Maybe Maria had taken it out to her car for her when she'd loaded her own car, but Natasha doubted she would. She checked Maria's closet, under her desk, and even under Maria's desk before pulling out her phone to call her roommate. She was just about to tap the call button when someone walked into her dorm room.

"Hey, are you ready yet?" Steve asked, grinning as she looked at him in shock. She dropped her phone on a desk and threw herself at Steve, wrapping both her arms and legs around him tightly. It had been just over a week since she'd last seen him and she'd be lying if she said that didn't suck.

"You suck," she muttered, voice muffled by Steve's shoulder. He laughed and hugged her back just as tightly. When she finally unwrapped her legs from around him, he kissed her forehead, her nose, and then pressed his lips to hers. Despite wanting to kiss him longer, Natasha had to pull away for air and because she couldn't stop smiling.

"Maria gave me her key so I could pack your bags up," he explained.  Her grin widened and he pressed a sweet kiss to her forehead.  "Now, if you're ready to go, let's hit the road!"

"Its only a forty-five minute drive,"  Natasha reminded him.  Steve ignored her, seeming to believe it was a much longer drive than necessary and not arguing with her.  Rather than tease him, she happily fell into step beside him.

Pulling herself close to his side, she wrapped both her hands around his arm and didn't even try to fight the stupid grin on her face.  She really did miss him more than she should have.  It had been too long since they'd last seen each other in person, but it was spring break and the thought of seeing him everyday for two weeks made her giddy.

As soon as they stepped out of the stairwell and wandered through the front of the lobby, the whispers started up.  Natasha's smile faltered and she felt Steve's fingers entwine with her own as people nearby started to whisper after him.  They had barely made it out the door when someone finally recognised Steve and the news got around that he was on campus.

"Steve Rogers!"  someone called out.  Steve pointedly ignored them, but his grip on Natasha's hand tightened.  She rubbed his arm with her other hand soothingly, hoping they would be left alone.  Whoever had yelled his name, however, was unrelenting in their chase and only drawing more attention.  Steve seemed to realise this too because he stopped and turned to face the person.

"How can I help you?"  Steve asked.  He wasn't rude, but Natasha could tell he was irritated.

The student that had followed him held up his phone to Natasha.

"Can you take a picture of me with him?"  he asked.  Natasha and Steve shared a look before he agreed.

Stepping away from Steve's side, Natasha took the phone from the student and quickly snapped a few photos of them together.  As he said hasty goodbye's and thank you's, Natasha and Steve hurried to the car.

Despite the growing crowd of college students, Steve opened the passenger door for Natasha before climbing into the drivers seat.  The car's tinted windows helped hide them, but that didn't stop Natasha from trying to slide down in her seat and hide from the cameras that had been pulled out to document Steve's appearance on campus.

"No doubt those photos will be posted later,"  she muttered, already upset about it.  Steve reached over the console and grabbed her hand, smiling stupidly when he realised she'd slipped her ring on between getting in the car and leaving the college parking lot.  Natasha noticed but didn't comment on it.

"The world has already seen you with me a million times,"  Steve reminded her.

While at first they'd tried keeping out of the spotlight, they now knew it was inevitable and hadn't gone to any great lengths in hiding Natasha.  Steve had left the decision up to her and Natasha had decided not to post about or publicly talk about their relationship, but she also wasn't going to hide at home from his matches and refuse to come see him at all.

"I know,"  Natasha sighed, turning away from the window to look at him.  "But I still wish they wouldn't post those photos."

Steve just brought her hand up to his lips and kissed her knuckles in reply.  The topic of discussion changed after that and Natasha found herself forgetting about the photos and what it would mean for her when she returned to school after spring break.  Being around Steve again just seemed to relax her and remove all worries from her mind.

Later that night when the news mentioned athlete Steve Rogers being spotted at Columbia University, they switched the channel and continued their debate about whether fruit popsicles or ice cream bars were better.