•connection•

Your POV:

      i shoot up out of bed, gasping for air. it hits me, i'm in an actual bed. not like the mattress in the basement type bed. no, a real one. i look around the room quickly, and meet eyes with a guy. i know he's one of the ones who live here, but i am not sure which one. i've talked to them, but i have no idea what they look like. his face displays concern, but it melts away when he sees im okay. he sighs and smiles lightly.

"hi, i'm cameron." i stare at him for a while, taking in his features. not bad.

      but then i start to panic. i look him dead in the eye.

"you broke so many rules." i mumble, placing my head in my hands. i start rocking. he places a sturdy grip on my shoulder and i stop. i pull my hands away from my face and look at him. 

"what were we supposed to do? just let you die?" there is a hurt tone to his voice. i didn't mean to hurt him.

"i-" i stutter. good going y/n. i sigh. "that's kind of the whole point." i say, suddenly finding an interest in my brothers old bed sheets. i miss him.

      his grip softens and the mood changes.

"is that what you meant by..." i cut him off my nodding aggressively. he goes to say something else when a few other voices enter the room.

"cam, is she awak- oh fuck i guess so. hi," a guy adorned in a medieval knights helmet. bewilderment settles onto my face.

"is this, normal?" i say gesturing to him.

"yes, my lady. swagger here." he says. i can't see his face, but i can tell his smiling. following right behind him, is a bald headed guy. he smiles when he sees me.

"aye, hot girls awake." he says cheekily smiling. i giggle and try to hide the embarrassment blush spreading over my cheeks.

"shut the fuck up." i say lightly, but he "oo"s. then, two guys enter at the same time. one with a beard, and the other with a beanie on his head, with bits of bleached hair poking out. i smile at them.

"hi." i say waving slightly. this, was honestly quite a lot for me.

i've purposely separated them from me, but here i am. right in the middle of them. i dread when it comes to be my turn to introduce myself.

it's too personal, but it's too rude to not do it.

fuck.

    shortly after, a last person trudges through the doorway. she looks like she just woke up.

once she sees i'm awake, she runs to my side.

"are you okay? how are you feeling?" she asks, as well as many other questions. cam reaches over and touches her arm, so that she stops rambling. she breathes, and i answer the few questions with an "im fine." they looked, unconvinced. eventually, the fact that i was surrounded by complete strangers set in. i started to get panicked. and started to let them closer to me less and less.

"can i return to the cellar?" they all looked at each other.

"we... think it's best that you remain here, with us. for now at least," he reaches forward and grasps onto my hand. "we just want to make sure you're okay."

i know he's trying to help, but it makes me mad.

"then y'all can leave me. i can't do this right now."

i was anticipating a protest, but it never came. they all shook their heads and left the room. all except one.

now in cameron's seat by the bed rests mason, who is smiling defiantly while looking at me. i give him a look, and he just laughs.

"listen mate. i'm here to babysit, but i want us to have fun with it okay? i'm not going anywhere." he says, scooting farther down in the seat.

well now i've lost my freedom.
______________________________
hi sorry it's short
i'm tired again
but people actually like this book so like what
thanks guys for almost 100 reads that's kinda pig
well i'm exhausted so peace