The Wedding ✔

K A R L A       P O V

I am a bag of fucking nerves as I stood admiring myself in the mirror. My dress is ivory lace full length, hugging tight to my body perfectly. It is off the shoulder with little Del Monte for detail on the bodice. Have a pearl tiara a shoulder length veil. My hair is twisted up neatly pinned with ringlets either side. 

Picked up the bouquet, which is three white roses and one lily. Just stare into the mirror, hoping I'm doing the right thing? Will Zayne ever change? "Karla, you look amazing. The dress is perfect," Crista says as she walks into the room. I'm thinking about my parents my daughter. I will always love Marla that is something my mother cannot take away from me.

"I have kept Zayne waiting long enough," I say as I turn to look at Crista.

"Zayne can wait. He looks very handsome in his suit he is nervous. But him waiting just a while longer will not hurt him," I laughed.

"I just hope he can calm down with his bad boy image," I walk towards her.

"Karla. Zayne thrives on the attention. He might be my son sometimes he is a loose cannon, but I have always loved him no matter what... I do not agree with his little outbursts, but I am sure you are the one who will tame him." Her words are so true. She is making sure the dress is sitting perfectly. I felt like I needed to tell her the truth about Zayne and me.

"Crista. Zayne is an incredibly lucky man to have parents like you. I just wished my parents would show me the love that you show Zayne." tears fall.

"Karla. Crying is not going to help you. But you are right about one thing that I do love my son I know why you are marrying him. I was not born yesterday. Zayne forgets that I'm his mother I know every reaction he does, I know how he thinks. But I've also watched how you have calmed him down and noticed how you look at each other," She's stood in front of me cupping my cheeks.

"You know?" I'm a little shaky apprehensive.

"I knew the moment your mother told you not to sleep with each other while she is in the house. Watched Zayne the way he looked at you. It was what just happened look. And when you talked to my husband telling him you wanted nothing; I knew then you were helping Zayne. I did find it very amusing, but I watched you two you are so alike in so many ways. I want this for the both of you I am so pleased you do not take his crap," She kisses me on the cheek.

"Crista you have shown so much love in the last few weeks. I want to thank you. You have made me feel more at ease. But I don't want Zayne to know. I just want to torture him for a while," She laughs.

"My girl you are a keeper, my mother, in law is right." She takes a box out of her clutch bag takes my left hand.

"This belongs to you."

"I cannot take it," I say shaking my head.

"Well, Karla. Gran is insistent she is a very smart woman. She saw right through Zayne. She thinks the same way I do, she said you are a keeper. And we all know what she says goes. She is the matriarch of the family extremely hard to please. But she loves you she likes the way you put Zayne in his place. She says she giggles every time you remind him about his manners." We both laughed.

"She's a wise woman I do give her that. Well, I should walk down the aisle to marry your son." We smiled at each other. She kisses me again. I look at the ring on my finger that belonged to the Deluca family. Zayne most certainly met his match. I smiled walked out to the hallway of the hotel. 

I'm so wishing my father would be here to walk me down the aisle, but my mother turned him against me. I once was his little girl now I have nothing. Stood up straight took a deep breath. I wiped my eyes, so no evidence of tears. Crista walks ahead of me I walk slowly towards the banquet hall.