EPILOGUE

Z A Y N E       P O V

My life is filled with love all because of Karla and my children... I adopted Marla when she turned ten... She started calling me daddy a little after a year of her moving in with us... It did put a smile on my face my heart filled with so much love for this little girl... Karla and I had another son Anderson three years after having Scott... Our children have grown up they are now at Uni... We are expecting them home soon for the summer break... That is when the house fills up with so much love, laughter... Karla hates the house being so quiet, so she had to get a couple of big dogs yes, the drooling type... Two St Bernard's so you can imagine the size... She treats them like her babies... So, do I when she is not looking... I raised my head from the pillow ready to get out of bed... Karla is already up, she walks the dogs every morning then again at lunch, in the evening we walk them together... I sit on the edge of the bed rubbing my face... I get up have a shower then dress... I slip one shoe on then when I slip the other on my foot feels wet... I pick my shoe up to see drool dripping from the inside... I shake my head slip of my other shoe walk along the long landing past a few doors till I reach the rail that overlooks the foyer plus huge hallway... "Karla"... I shout, it echoes through the vast hallways at a speed of light...

"I swear to god I need to change my name..."... She shouts to me has she walks out from the kitchen hallway... "Must you always shout my name?"... She is in a mood... I will have to watch what I say because she always finds a way to prank me...

"Which one of your little darlings did this?"... I show her my shoe from where I am standing, she looks up at me then at the dogs that follow her everywhere...

"Zayne, you are a big boy just clean it"... She turns to walk away then stops she looks back up to me with a smirk, I crease my brows... I know that look she is up to something... I walk back to the bedroom to put another pair of shoes on then go to the kitchen where she is sitting drinking tea... Mister and Mrs are laid in their beds... I know it sounds funny but, Karla named them... I grab a coffee then throw them a treat each when she is not looking... "Zayne, they have already had their food"... She says without even looking in my direction... I shake my head then sit with her...

"So, what is the plan today?"... I ask... She looks up from her paperwork with a smirk... I stare at her with creased brows...

"I need to check in on my business then be back here before our children arrive late this afternoon..."... She puts all the paperwork in a neat pile then looks back at me... "They are bringing friends home with them"... She smiles... I slowly take the rim of my coffee cup from my lips still staring at her...

"Friends has in friends or friends has in girlfriends?"... I place my cup down on the table waiting for her to say something all she does is smile... She stands then gets another tea...

"Marla wants us to meet her boyfriend"... She tells me while my back is too her... I turn looking straight at her...

"You mean our daughter who is twenty-four has a boyfriend?... No way that is not happening she is to young"... I am shocked to think that Karla is letting some guy date our daughter... "And they will be in separate rooms"... I am not going to allow some guy to take advantage of my little girl oh no, that is not happening...

************************************************

K A R L A     P O V

Zayne is now going off on one just because Marla has a boyfriend... She is twenty-four an incredibly beautiful woman with her head screwed on... She has been dating this guy for three years so, I have not told Zayne for this very reason, he over exaggerates... Thinking every guy is just going to take advantage of her... I just leave him to plot his plan out then burst his bubble... "Scott is bringing home a girlfriend"... I tell him then sit at the table again... I place my cup on the table then look at him... He is smiling...