Home Alone

Violence is advised

K A R L A P O V

Zayne is going with his family to the island. I am staying at home on my own. I still had work and parties to plan; I could not let down my clients. This is the way I earn my income. 

I am at the private airport, seeing Zayne and his family. He did want me to go; we did fight about it a few times, but I just could not leave my clients like that. I looked at his brother Dylan, who smiles. Zayne shakes his head. "I swear to God I will kill him before this trip is over." Zayne says while looking over at him.

"You need to learn to play nicely." I tell him. He pulls me tight to him, his lips gently pressing against mine. We kissed for the longest time. He then slowly raises his head. I look over to the steps of the plane to see Felicity watching us. I shake my head. "Zayne, promise me you will keep me out of trouble." He looks down at me, cupping my ass.

"I will try, but I cannot promise when it comes to my brother." He looks over his shoulder towards the plane. "I am not looking forward to spending time with him at all or his fucking girlfriend. She really gives me the creeps—the way she licks her lips when she looks at me." He looks back at me.

"I have watched the way she looks at you." I teased him. He picks me up, and I wrap my legs around his waist. "Just have an enjoyable time. I will see you when you get back." He kisses my neck, then raises my jawline. He places me back on my feet and then walks towards the plane. I stood watching him. He gets to the steps, then turns and looks at me. He shakes his head, runs back to me, and picks me up.

"I love you." He tells me while kissing me, then walks back to the plane. I smiled, touching my lips with my fingers. I then watched the jet take off. I walk back to the car to drive home.

***

I had gotten to the front gate. I looked over to see Nina looking at me. The guard opened the gate. I drive up to the house and park the car. I get out and look down the drive to see Nina standing by her car, looking up at me.

I walked into the house, made myself a cup of tea, and then sat at the table, looking out the window. I am now stuck in this big house all on my own. I felt even more petrified. I just hope my worst fear does not come true. I finish my tea, put my cup in the dishwasher, and then get ready to meet with my first client.

It's a while later, when I leave the house, that she follows me. I hated it when she followed me. 

I get to my first clients to sort out a few technical issues about the venue. We did manage to sort through the issue, then I left to go get something to eat. I had a snack, then headed back to the house. I had not seen Nina since I stopped for a snack. 

It was starting to get dark when I stepped inside the house and headed to the bathroom to have a soak in the bath. 

I was relaxing and trying to unwind when I heard a noise. I'm too scared to move, but I needed to. I slowly got out of the bathtub, wrapped my robe around my wet body, and then slowly walked into the bedroom. 

I looked around, not seeing anything. I took a deep breath. "My mind is playing tricks on me." I say it out loud. I put my PJ's on, then glanced at my phone to see if Zayne had left a message yet. Nothing, so I texted him. 

"I hope the flight was pleasant. I'm missing you already; speak soon." I placed my phone on the bedside table, then got in bed. 

I'm physically petrified as I turn the light out, then stare into the darkness. My body was consumed with fear; I could feel someone watching me. Then my worst fear came true.