Chapter 14

Previously on Human Decepticons:

"Who are they?!" The scarred man shouts.

"Ask questions later?" Breakdown asks as he rises to his pedes with us perched on his shoulder.

I give him a nod as he makes a run for the exit. Jessica's wrist device begins to rapidly beep, signalling that Soundwave has become aware of our little outing and is likely tracking us. I grin.

'Perfect timing'

Breakdown plows through a pair of large steel doors into the outside world. A groundbridge opens up as we do and he heads straight through it. We catch a glimpse of dumbfounded Autobots, who luckily can't see us from this angle. I chuckle in amusement as the bridge closes behind us.

'Mission Accomplished'

Y/N POV

"WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!" Megatron yells at the three of us from our place on Breakdown's shoulder.

Our guardians stand before us, all looking beyond pissed. Breakdown shuffles nervously under their gazes, clearly uncomfortable even if the gazes aren't directed at him. Soundwave has his arms firmly crossed in a disapproving manner while looking at Jessica, his emotions blatantly obvious by his posture. Knockout stands with his servos on his hips with a glare directed at Kayla's guilty form. Megatron looks at me with a furious expression as he clutches his servos into fists at his sides.

"I was thinking our friend needed help and since you wouldn't give it to him, I did" I glare at the Warlord with my arm crossed and a hip cocked out.

"You could have been killed!" He seethes.

"Right, because I'm just a weak little human"

"That's not what I meant"

"The hell it wasn't! I'm not a fragile little doll, Megatron! I can handle myself!"

"I just want to keep you safe"

"I DON'T NEED YOUR CONSTANT PROTECTION!"

I must have struck a nerve because his face takes on a defeated look and without another word, he leaves the room. My face morphs into one of guilt as I watch his figure disappear into the halls of the Nemesis. The Cons in the room watch the door is complete shock.

"I think you went too far" Kayla mutters.

"Yeah, no fucking shit, Kayla!" I glare.

"Don't take it out on me. This is between you and him. You better work things out before you lose him for good" she scowls.

"Whatever. Breakdown, put me down" I order flatly.

He does as I say and I start walking away, ignoring the stares from those present in the room.