The Art of Courtship

After visiting Qing Qiu, Ye Hua now knows that Bai Qian is indeed his Su Su. He feels quite happy because the meeting with her went really well. She was opened with him and they had a good conversation. It's a first small step toward a long lasting future that he hopes to have with her. He wants to build the relationship with her on the right foundation since there won't be any oppositions this time. He feels a small satisfaction about his choice of wine as a first meeting gift to her. He wants to have second meeting with her but he doesn't know what excuse he would have this time to see her. He needs to seek advice from his Third Uncle, his most trusted confidant.

Ye Hua asks Tian Shu to go seek Lian Song for an urgent meeting. Tian Shu bows and then leaves to deliver Ye Hua's message. After a about half an incense stick, Lian Song arrives smiling and waves his fan at Ye Hua.

Lian Song says "Tian Shu came to deliver a message from you. He said that you need to speak with me urgently. What's the matter?

Ye Hua says "I found Su Su."

Lian Song is really surprised and says "What? How? Are you sure? It can't be. She's a mortal. She can't survive the jump, unless she's not a mortal."

Ye Hua nods "Yes, She's not a mortal. That's why Si Ming can't find her in the Book of Destiny."

Lian Song is now excited "Aiyah Ye Hua, you, stick-in-the-mud. Hurry up and tell me who she is already. Has she been to Nine Heaven? All goddesses ascend from mortal must come to Nine Heaven."

Ye Hua sighs then says "She's High Goddess Bai Qian of Qing Qiu."

Lian Songs almost flips out of his chair due to surprise and excitement. What's a crazy world? This is even crazier than what he has been reading from Si Ming's Book of Destiny for mortals.

He asks Ye Hua " That's a crazy discovery. So what's your plan now? After all, she has a marriage arrangement with you."

Ye Hua sighs "That's where I need your help. I need you to help me win her heart again."

Lian Song laughs "Well, that's easy. Didn't you win her heart the last time by pretending to be severely wounded so you could earn her sympathies?"

Ye Hua frowns "Uncle, she's immortal and a High Goddess now. She can see through my magic. Also I would not like to start the relationship with her on false foundation by pretending."

Lian Song smiles and says "Then you can start by courting her."

Ye Hua says "How? I have never courted anyone."

Lian Song laughs "I can lend you the book called The Art of Courtship."

Ye Hua raises his eyebrows "Is there such book, Uncle?"

Lian Song laughs "Of course, that was how I won Cheng Yu over. Hahaha."

Ye Hua is not sure if he should believe his Uncle. But he's opened for new approach to win Bai Qian. He says to Lian Song "Uncle, I trust you. Can you lend me the book and show me the proper way to court a woman?"

Lian Song says "Of course my dear, I will lend you the book and show you everything I know. Also the most important things to remember for a successful courtship are: to get to know her smallest habits, listen to her thoughts and needs, learn what makes her happy or distress, spend quality time with her, respect her as an individual, and especially don't try to change her to fit what you want."

Ye Hua listens and feels hopeful. This time he will court Qian Qian the right way. He will spend time to get to know her personally and will not try to overpower her by making all decisions himself. This time, they will make decisions together. He is now looking forward to their next meeting. They will together create new happy memories. He's truly looking forward to fall in love with her all over again. His heart feels full just thinking about the second chance to have a life time of happiness with her.

 His heart feels full just thinking about the second chance to have a life time of happiness with her