Unexpected Meeting

Bai Qian wakes up and feels well rested. She looks around the room and can't find Ye Hua. She stretches out her arms and about to get out of bed. Suddenly, Ye Hua comes in with a tray of foods.

Ye Hua says "Morning Qian Qian. Did you sleep well?"

Bai Qian says "Yes, in fact I feel very well rested."

He says "Qian Qian come here. I cook some congee for breakfast. You must be hungry."

She says "Wow Ye Hua, I didn't know you can cook."

She comes to the table and sits down across from him. He gives her a bowl of congee and gestures her to eat first. She thanks him and then tries a first bite. The congee is simple yet it's so tasty. She finishes every bit of it and asks for more. He feels very happy when she asks for a second bowl.

She says "Ye Hua, your congee is so delicious. Thank you for cooking"

Ye Hua is beaming with happiness. He wants to stay in this happy moment forever with Bai Qian.

He asks "Qian Qian, there is a small town called Furong nearby. It's just as magical as Fenghuang. Would you like to go?"

She says "Sure Ye Hua, I would like to visit Furong."

Furong is a small town that is not far from Fenghuang. The town is perched in an arc around beautiful waterfalls. The houses are built on the cliff and look down on Youshui River. Furong is known for its waterfalls which is about 40 meter wide and height of 60 meters. The special feature of the waterfalls is  that you can walk behind the hanging water screens which make one feel like being inside a crystal palace.

Ye Hua and Bai Qian finally arrive at Furong after their breakfast. Bai Qian was captured by the nature beauty of Furong. If she had already love Fenghuang, Furong is just as beautiful. The town is not only surrounded by lush green mountains and river, it is also wrapped around by waterfalls and caves. They arrive at the base of the waterfalls and walk inside. Opposite of the falling water is a very deep cavern. According to local history, the entire community of Tujia people used to live inside these deep caverns during ancient time. After exploring the cave for awhile, they both decide to check out the town. On both sides of the uphill stone road called Wulichangjie Street, locals sell souvenirs, Tujia crafts and street foods. Bai Qian enjoys herself fully with sampling street snacks like fried stinky tofu, lamb skewers, grilled oysters, dumplings,etc... She is also intrigued by Tujia traditional fabric. The colorful and bright fabric is handmade by the locals. They are almost approaching the end of the street. Suddenly, Bai Qian sees a small wine tavern on her right hand side.

She says "Ye Hua, let's go get a drink."

He nods and follows her inside. They sit down while waiting for the waiter. Bai Qian drops her handkerchief so she is bending down to pick it up. Ye Hua orders the house special wine. When Bai Qian looks up, she freezes and can't hide the shock on her face.

The waiter is also shocked and he says "Xiao Dì Dì, where have you been hiding? I've been looking for you all these years."

Bai Qian recollects herself and says "Zi Lan, what are you doing in this remote mortal town?"

Zi Lan says "You knucklehead, I have been searching all four seas and eight realms, from heaven to the ghost realm to find you. I decided to try my luck in the mortal realm. It has been a long time but I finally find you."

Zi Lan can't hide his tears of happiness. He says a few words with Bai Qian and then leaves to get the wine. He comes back quickly and this time he brings someone with him to meet them. It's Yan Zhi, the Ghost Princess. Bai Qian can't believe that Yan Zhi would be here, especially with Zi Lan.

Yan Zhi greets "High Immortal, it has been a very long time. Zi Lan told me and I'm really happy to see you again."

The entire time, Ye Hua has been silent and observing the situation around him. He wonders who these people are. He feels left out of their conversation and wants to make notice. So, he clears his throat couple times. Bai Qian finally notices Ye Hua after being taken by surprise and gets lost in the conversation.

She says "This is Ye Hua, the Crown Prince of Nine Heaven."

Bai Qian introduces Zi Lan and Yan Zhi to Ye Hua. They both bow and greet Ye Hua properly. Zi Lan wants to ask Bai Qian about Shifu but he sees Bai Qian gesture him using sign language that she will tell him later. Zi Lan knows the sign language that Bai Qian uses because it is once considered as a code language between Bai Qian and Zi Lan while they were in school. They picked up this sign language during their time in the mortal realm. They used to bicker about just anything yet they both cause mischiefs together. Their sign language exchange didn't escape Ye Hua's eyes. He feels suspicious at their behaviors. In his eyes, it seems like both Bai Qian and Zi Lan are very close and there is a bond between them. The way Zi Lan laughs and hits Bai Qian's shoulders make Ye Hua feel very jealous at their closeness. They chat and stay there awhile till Ye Hua tells Bai Qian that it's getting late and they better go find a place to rest. Bai Qian agrees and she calls Zi Lan over to pay him.

Zi Lan says with a bright smile to Bai Qian "Are you staying in town? If you don't mind, we have an extra room. The Crown Prince can stay by himself. You can share the room with me like old time and we can catch up."

Ye Hua can't believe his ears. He says right back at Zi Lan before Bai Qian can say anything.

Ye Hua says: "Thanks for your kind offer. However, I already have a special place in mind to stay over for tonight."

Ye Hua doesn't let Bai Qian have enough time to say goodbye to Zi Lan and Yan Zhi. He grabs her hands and rushes her outside, far away from Zi Lan for now. Bai Qian is a little unhappy by Ye Hua's strange behavior.

She says "Ye Hua, what are you doing? I didn't have enough time to bid a proper farewell to Zi Lan and Yan Zhi."

Ye Hua says "You had plenty of time to say farewell."

Bai Qian doesn't know what got into Ye Hua. For a short time knowing him, he had not been acting this strange or been short with her. They walk in silent till they reach a hotel at the end of the road. It's a very nice hotel with as much as three floors. Knowing that the hotel is built a long the river. Ye Hua asks the hotel's receptionist for the best room with balcony that faces toward the river. The receptionist gives Ye Hua the key for the requested room. She gestures the employee nearby to show Ye Hua the room. The man who is in a simple brown shirt takes Ye Hua to their room all the way at the top. The decoration inside the room is very nice and the balcony facing the river is magnificent. From their balcony, they can see the Chieftan Bridge, the waterfalls and pretty much the whole town of Furong. The view here is as much beautiful at night as during the day.

*Xiao Dì Dì means little brother. I didn't want Zi Lan to call Bai Qian "Seventeenth" yet.

*Furong Ancient Town means Hibiscus 🌺 Ancient Town. Below is a picture of Furong at night.