Mount Junji - Part 2

Bai Qian slowly opens her eyes as an aroma smell gets into the bedroom. She thinks "It must be Ye Hua's cooking. I'm already hungry." She stretches her arms out and slowly gets up from the bed. She looks outside the window. The sun has already come up and the birds are chirping outside. She takes a minute to appreciate the peacefulness of Mount Junji. Then, she moves toward the kitchen where the wonderful smell comes from. Ye Hua is busily chopping the ingredients. Yet, he still notices that she is standing behind him.

He says without turning his back  " Qian Qian, you are up. I'm preparing congee for breakfast. It's almost done. Can you help me set the bowls at the dining table?"

Bai Qian helps setting the bowls while Ye Hua finishes up the dish. Out of no where, A Li comes in and hugs Bai Qian.

A Li says "Mother, you are awake."

Bai Qian picks little A Li up and puts him in the booster chair next to her.

She pinches his chubby cheeks and smiles "A Li, you are up early. You are just like your father."

They don't have to wait long for the food as Ye Hua comes out with steaming hot congee pot. He sets the pot down in the middle of the table. He then serves the congee to Bai Qian and A Li. The smell of fresh ginger and green scallions wake up Bai Qian's senses. She picks up the spoon and slowly tastes the congee. The congee is very light yet it's packed with flavors. It has a balance taste of sweetness and saltiness which come from dried scallops. He also added thousand years old eggs into the congee which gives a nutty and earthy taste. All different flavors come together perfectly in this simple dish.

She says to Ye Hua " Ye Hua, your congee is very good. I have never eaten such a wonderful congee like yours. Can you make this again sometimes later? I really like it."

Ye Hua's heart is swelled up with happiness when he heard those sweet words from Bai Qian. He definitely will make this dish again and many other dishes for his Qian Qian. Cooking is Ye Hua's personal hobby and now he has a special someone who enjoys his cooking.

After they finish, they clean up and get dressed for their excursion into the town nearby. Ye Hua dresses in a simple brown mortal clothes while Bai Qian dresses in a light blue male clothes. The moment they arrive at the gate of the town, they can see how crowded and lively the town is. There are many vendors on both sides of the street that sell variety of foods and other items. A Li is very excited and curious at his surroundings. He runs toward a small shop that sell souvenirs. Inside the shop, there are different types of trinkets and foods that one can buy as gifts. Toward the back of the shop, there is a section that displays carved wooden figurines. A Li spots a dragon and a fox within the collection.

A Li says " Mother, Father. I like these."

Both Ye Hua and Bai Qian nod in agreement so they go up to the cash register to pay for the items. A Li is very happy with his new toys. They walk along the street and stop by a few vendors to try out different types of snacks. A Li likes the dragon's beard candy the most out of everything he tastes.

A Li says "I'm a dragon and I like dragon's beard candy."

He says it out loud and pretends to be a big and ferocious dragon with the dragon's beard candy stuck under his chin. Bai Qian laughs so hard at A Li's cuteness.

She tenderly pinches his chin "Yes, you are my big, scary and sweet dragon."

They decide to take a break inside the famous tea house in town. This tea house not only serves tea. It also has story tellers who serve as entertainers to guests. Bai Qian chooses to sit upstairs near the balcony so she can have the best view of the play.

They have been watching the play for quiet some times. Suddenly, Tian Shu appears in front of them.

He bows and says "Your Highness, the second prince of the West Sea seeks to see you. He said it's urgent."

Ye Hua nods and says to Bai Qian "Qian Qian, I have to go. Can you take care of A Li? I will be back as soon as possible."

After a quick farewell, both men walk out of the tea house. Bai Qian doesn't mind to stay in the tea house with A Li. The play is good. She can stay here all day long if she wants to.

It must have been sometimes after Bai Qian falls asleep at the table that little A Li starts to wander around. He follows a group of men who tease after the girls when they pass by Bai Qian's table. Although A Li is little, he can sense uneasy feeling from the girls.

When Bai Qian wakes up, she realizes that A Li is not around. She uses the finding spell to locate A Li. Bai Qian almost chokes at what she sees in the vision. She sees A Li is hiding underneath the table inside a room of some Flowers House. "Ye Hua would kill me if he finds out that I let his son go to Flowers House", she thinks to herself. She rushes out to find A Li. She pulls A Li out of the room before he sees anything that would damage his innocent mind. Bai Qian wants to make sure that A Li won't tell Ye Hua about this incidence.

Bai Qian says "A Li, let have a little secret between us. Can you promise not to tell your father about what just happened?"

A Li nods his head and does the pinky promise to his mother. They both walk down the bridge leisurely. Suddenly, there is a young and frail man who walks by and then turns around taking Bai Qian's hands.

The strange man says "Where are you going? I've never met anyone who is so delicate and beautiful as you."

Bai Qian was taken by surprised so she stands there frozen for couple minutes. Before she could react, she feels a strong energy pulling her away from the man. She then falls into Ye Hua's strong embrace. She had never seen Ye Hua this way. He's fumingly angry. With just one flick of his fingers, the man disappears before them.

Bai Qian asks "Ye Hua, where did you send him?"

Ye Hua answers "I sent him far away from town. Qian Qian, why did you let him touch you?"

Bai Qian says "He barely touched my hands. It's just a touch or two."

Bai Qian can't explain Ye Hua's facial expression after what she just had said. He stays still for couple minutes and then pulls her close to him. He freezes their surroundings and kisses her deeply. Bai Qian is utterly shocked at Ye Hua's reaction.

After he's done, he releases her and says "It's just a kiss or two."

"