Moon Festival - Part 2

They arrive at a small village in the mortal world. Bai Qian could not recognize her surroundings. It's different than the last time she was there with Zi Lan. Maybe it's a different village.

She asks "Ye Hua, where are we?"

Ye Hua answers "We are in Feng Huang Gu Cheng."

Feng Huang Gu Cheng is situated on western boundary of Hunan Province, China. The town is known for its natural beauty where mountains, blue sky and river meet. There are stilted wooden houses that reside along the Toujiang River's bank. These houses look like they are hanging on the river from a far distance. The city is surrounded by lush green mountains.

Bai Qian has never been to this town before so she is very excited and curious at everything she sees. Feng Huang looks even more lively and festive during Moon Festival. Every houses, shops and streets along the river bank are decorated with red lanterns. It's just magically beautiful. Bai Qian is enjoying the view whole heartedly. Ye Hua feels happy and smiles the whole time at Bai Qian's comments and questions.

He asks "Qian Qian, what would you like to do?"

She says "I love everything about this place Ye Hua. I can't believe that mortal world can be this magical. I'm a little bit hungry now. Why don't we go find some foods?"

They find a restaurant after about 5 minutes walk. The hostess greets them at the door and take them to the table. Ye Hua orders boiled yellow catfish, dry pot chicken and big pot cauliflower dishes. These dishes are recommended to him as they are on the list of top ten hunan dishes that are tasty. The foods come out pretty fast. The boiled yellow catfish dish comes with added sliced chili peppers, green onions and diced ginger that are sautéed together with the catfish. The dry pot chicken has fresh vegetables mixed with chicken nuggets that are crispy on the outside yet tender on the inside. The cauliflower dish is sautéed lightly with oil collected after frying smoky pork and cumin; thus this is what creates the fragrance of this dish. Bai Qian surprises that she likes all the dishes that Ye Hua ordered. She eats happily.

She says "Ye Hua, why don't you eat? The foods here are delicious. Try some of the chicken."

She gives him some of the chicken while she's talking to him. Ye Hua feels happy that she likes the foods he ordered. He also feels a little warm inside at her gesture when she puts the chicken inside his rice bowl. He eats happily with her. They both enjoy the foods and finish everything on the table. They pay the bill and then leave the restaurant.

They walk along the street and finally reach the Rainbow Bridge. From the Rainbow Bridge that locates at the center of the town, they can see the stilted houses and their reflections onto the river. It's a beautiful sight. They stand on the bridge for quite sometime. They gaze at lush green mountain from where they stand. They also enjoy watching the boat rides that take people around the city.

Ye Hua asks "Qian Qian, would you like to take a boat ride along this river?"

She says excitedly "Of course Ye Hua. I would like to go."

He nods at her and then they leave to go for a boat ride. They arrive at the dock and wait for their turn. After about 10 minutes, a small boat arrives. Ye Hua takes Bai Qian's hands to help her into the boat. Bai Qian takes his hand and let him guide her down the boat. Her cheeks are lightly red from this small touch of his gentle hands. They are now inside the boat and the local person then rows the boat. The boat takes them around the city and it takes about an hour. They are able to see the city from all the corners and views. It's truly gorgeous.

Ye Hua asks the boat man "What activities would you recommend us to do while we are here?"

The man says "There is a famous local theater in town called The Rising Feng Huang. It's known for famous romantic love stories performance. There is also a well known brewery nearby the theater. You can't miss the brewery since it has a big barrel in front of the main door."