Epilogue - Aria

FUTURE

2 years later...

"Asher." I moan. "We shouldn't be doing this."

I look down at the beautiful man kneeling between my legs, my eyes connecting with his, and feel my lips quirk.

Just like glass. I'll never get tired of them.

"I beg to differ, baby." His tongue slides out of me and I let out a noise of protest. He chuckles under his breath as he gets to his feet, pressing his body into mine. "I should always be fucking you."

And he does. With one simple lift of my leg to spread me open, he thrusts into me and completely fills me up. My back arches in pleasure, my hips seeking more of him as he starts pumping in and out of me.

"Oh my God." My head falls back against the mirror, the force of his thrusts making me rattle the glass. "We are so going to get caught."

"We probably already have." His hands go to my ass and drag my pelvis closer to his until I'm almost falling off the bathroom counter. "Might as well make the most of it."

I hum in agreement, barely able to keep my eyes open as I watch him fuck me. I link my arms around his neck to hold on as he picks up his pace and he dips his head, pressing our mouths together. I sigh into his mouth and then his thrusts become slower, longer, and I feel him everywhere. He takes his time sliding in and out of me, drugging me with his deep kisses and the way he holds on to me. That was the thing about Asher—one second he's fucking me like an animal and the next, we're making love.

There isn't a single place in our home that we haven't christened since moving in a year ago. I'm pretty sure this guest bathroom was the only place left and we clearly just covered it. Luckily our friends and family should be leaving soon and no one's staying the night so I feel less bad about the mess we're making in here. Besides, we deserve to maul each other without giving a shit about the repercussions. We did just get married an hour ago.

As usual, Asher made good on his word. He promised me two years ago that he would make me his wife and today, he fulfilled that promise. We would have gotten married a lot sooner but our lives became incredibly busy.

Asher is now a full-time professional boxer and he's one of the highest fighters in demand. He's living his dream by travelling around the world and taking on anyone that challenges him in the ring, almost always winning. At first it was hard to cope with the long-distance but our relationship was strong enough. Even so, I didn't want to spend any more time away from him, having wasted enough of it in the past, and I had ambitions for my own career so I came up with a solution.

I ended up opening my own firm dedicated to domestic abuse against women and have some of the most kick-ass and talented lawyers working for me. Everyday we make a difference and that alone makes it the single greatest thing I've done in my life. Being my own boss also has its perks. I'm able to travel with Asher wherever he goes for his matches and run my firm from behind a computer, which means no more long distance for us. He gets to live his dream and I get to live mine and most importantly, we get to do it alongside each other.

I no longer take on cases now that all my time is spent running my firm. Besides, after Robbie's death something in me changed. I think for the longest time I became a domestic abuse lawyer because I was living my redemption through other women, making up for all that he did to me. It also made me feel stronger, knowing he was out there somewhere. When he died it was like a weight had been lifted off of me. I didn't have anything to prove anymore, not to him or myself. It felt like I had won. Taking on cases after that became too overwhelming because it reminded me of the chapter in my life I was hoping to close for good. It took me back to the darker places in my life and made it harder to move on. After years of taking personal cases that hit too close to home, my heart had reached its limit. I didn't have the strength to continue but I also wanted to keep making a difference so I chose to run a firm instead, handling all the logistics while leaving the cases up to my lawyers.