BOOK 5 Teasers

Teaser I...

"You." I say drily when I'm in earshot.

I come to stand right in front of him and even in my stiletto boots, I have to tip my head back to look at him. I'm an average height of five foot six but compared to Mr. six foot five here, I look like a garden gnome. He blinks at me and there's a flicker of surprise in his gaze. I can't tell if it's because he didn't expect to see me here or he didn't expect me to be so bold. Either one is fine with me.

I let my gaze roam over him, blatantly checking him out. He might get under my skin and annoy me with all the mysterious vibes he's got going on but that doesn't mean I can't admire how hot he is.

He's not the kind of hot like Asher and his friends are with their pretty boy looks. He's hot in a real and flawed way. His face is composed of harsh lines and creases from his constantly angry features. There's nothing pretty about him so he may not seem good-looking to girls who prefer douchey model men but I like his face. A lot. Not to mention his body is total fucking perfection. Insanely tall and broad and covered in tats, sleeves on both his arms that travel all the way to his hands. I think his hands are the biggest turn on. They're so masculine. Huge, big-knuckled, and calloused, his fingers adorned in rings. I wouldn't mind having those fingers inside of me, no matter how much he gets on my nerves. Actually, his fingers can totally get acquainted with my nerves if he's ever up to it.

I scoff at the last thought. I know how hot I am. Of course he'd be up to it if he's the sleeping around type. If not, well, a girl can admire can't she?

My eyes drag back up and I meet his intense gaze. He looks kind of annoyed and kind of...turned on. My lip curls.

"You stalking me, big guy?" I teasingly murmur, taking a step closer.

***

Teaser II...

I strut over to him, hips still swaying to the music. It feels way too satisfying watching his eyes flash for a moment before dragging over the length over of me. When his eyes meet mine again, there's a fire in them that wasn't there a moment ago. I bite the corner of my lip. This is definitely the Lenny Parks I've been missing lately and she's back.

When I reach him, I grab his hand and make him twirl me, singing along to the chorus. He's not exactly going with it but he's not stopping me either, watching me with a mixture of curiosity and interest. I definitely take him by surprise when I plop down sideways on his lap, my elbow resting on his shoulder casually and our faces inches apart. His elbows stay braced on the bar top behind him but his fingers flex for a moment, his chest heaving slightly.

I bring my mouth to his ear. "What? You don't dance?"

I feel rather than see him shaking his head no, my lips briefly brushing the shell of his ear.

"That's too bad." My voice sounds huskier even to me. "A dance with you sounds really nice. I guess you owe me, big guy."

***

Wolfe and Lenny coming to you February 1st...