Chapter 9 - Don't Wait

"Just for saying that, you will do it all by yourself." Tiana says which causes Mira and Grayson to bump their fists together and laugh.

~~~~~~~~

"Hey Gray!" Mira calls from the porch and a few seconds later Grayson's head sticks out from the garage.

"Yes."

"Last night you wanted to tell me something. But you were interrupt by Nathan running and screaming like a mad man."

"Yeah actually... It can wait. It's not that important." Grayson says wiping his hands clean with a wet cloth.

Grayson what at least 70% covered in dirt, oil. He has overall pants on and for some reason he had a white shirt on.

"If you don't mind my asking, why are you wearing a white shirt instead of a black one?"

"Actually, I don't really know. If just always seen mechanics wear white so I guess it became a habit."

"Okay." Mira says and a car pulls up in front of the yard.

"Jenny!" Mira shouts and runs to the car but stops when Mason steps out.

"What do you want?" A voice from behind Mira and Grayson ask. Mira turns around sees Nathan with a apron wrapped around his neck and waist.

"I asked you something." Nathan says taking of the apron amd throwing it over his shoulder standing in front between Mira and Grayson.

"I- I'm here to deliver... Some news."

"What news." Mira asks taking the apron from Nathan. "Whatever it is I don't want to hear anything." Mira ties the apron around her neck.

"Wait... It's about Jenny." Mason says. "She's in the hospital."

"Why? What did you do to her?" Mira asks pushing Mason's chest, causing him to stumble a little.

"I didn't do anything. She just passed out while we were shopping. But now that I think about it, she hasn't been herself these past few days."

"I'll get the car." Grayson says but Nathan hold him back.

"Did you forget that you are buzy fixing the car."

"Forget it. You're not going anywhere." Jason's voice stops them all in their tracks.

"I will drive you." Jason says and opens the other garage door and pulls the car out.

Driving to the hospital. The four of us get out of the car and walk to the ward in which she is kept.

"Are you Mira?" The doctor asks as soon as we arrive outside the room.

"Yes. What happened?"

"Follow me." The doctor says and walk off a few feet away from the others. "Ms Jenny gave specific instructions to only tell you the truth."

"So what's the truth? And what do we tell the family?"

"The truth is that Ms Jenny wants to fake her death, in order to leave from the family. So she wants the family to think that she died due to the fact that her organs failed."

"Okay but why are you telling me this and why does she need my help?" Mira asks half fearing what the doctor might answer.

"Ms Jenny said that it's time to cash in on the favour you owe her. I don't know what that means but I think she needs help."

"Fine. Can I see her?" Mira asks and the doctor nods.

"She's been waiting for you." The doctor says and lets Mira enter the room.