Chapter 10 - Untold Truth

"And Nathan, I thought you weren't interested in anyone's life except yours."

"Mira." Two of them say and she stand with her back against the doorway and arms crossed.

⬆️PREVIOUSLY⬆️

Mira and Nathan walk into the  restaurant then take their seats. Mira places the bag down on the floor and slides it between Jenny's legs.

Nathan was uncomfortabll shuffling in his seat. And it was starting to attract attention.

Mira leans sideways and whispers into Nathan's ear.

"Stop shuffling they are going to realise something is wrong. Laugh after I pull away, and when they ask I'll talk."

Mira giggles as she pulls away and Nathan laughs softly but he was still tense.

"What's so funny?" Jenny asks as she slices her meat.

"No something we say outside. It won't be funny if I explain, as you had to see it to understand."

"Oh. Okay."

Mira orders a desert and a milkshake seeing as she arrived late. Everyone had finished and Mira orders another milkshake before they return Jenny to the hospital.

Mira takes the bag from between Jenny's legs just before the waiter brought the takeaway milkshake.

After Jenny changed into her hospital clothes, everyone bid adieu.

"Give me a second with her please." Jenny says and the parents leave.

"Mira, I'll be outside." Nathan says and closes the door.

"Jenny here's everything you need to run away, but it needs to be tonight. I've taken measures to get your daughter with you. By eight tomorrow you'll be free." Mira says and leaves after giving Jenny a hug.

~~~~~~~

Mira was laying on her bed and suddenly her door slams shut and she starts to whine.

"Nathan I to-"

"It's not Nathan." The person says and Mira looks up to see...

"Grayson."

"Mira. I know I said that it's not important, but I need to ask you something." Grayson says and Mira sit upright on her bed.

Without saying anything more, Grayson kisses Mira. At first she was shocked, but she pushes him away and tries to wipe the kiss off.

"Grayson what were you thinking? We can't."

"Why?"

"Because I'm your cousin. And if you don't want to believe me, go and ask your mother. Now please leave." Mira says and Grayson leaves like a puppy with his tail between his legs.

"God!" Mira screams and slams the door shut.

A while later someon else knocks on the door and Mira stand up ready to scold anyone who stands behind the door, but stops when she sees Nathan standing with a bowl of ice cream and a pair of dvds.