Chapter 3: When Peaceful Days End

A week passed by with nothing for Bendy to really work with. Sasha was getting annoyed with him always hanging around her club. He wouldn't lie, it was fun teasing her. He traded off between job hunting and scouting for any information on the car accident. To the first he wasn't really surprised he was struggling. Even though he was now a legal adult he was still a demon with no schooling. Everything he knew was self-taught or picked up by observation. He'd had to teach himself and Boris how to read and do basic math. He loved studying and learning, but if you didn't have the stinking piece of paper that said you sat in a classroom at some point, most won't look at ya twice. That's not to mention the other reason people avoided hiring him, but there really wasn't anything he could do about that injustice.

Unlike his lack of employment, what Bendy was surprised about was that he didn't hear a thing about the car. In the small town that Sillyvision was, this little drama should have been everywhere. Bendy didn't hear a thing. None of the cops, even the ones with the loosest lips, mentioned it. He didn't even know who owned the car. It made him even more suspicious and nervous. He was starting to think Pete may have paid them off, but no one saying anything? Not one rumor?

Boris hadn't been able to find out anything at the shop either. Petey was still acting smug, like a fat cat with a canary. Boris had even snuck into the office to look for the file (to Bendy's strong disapproval), but came up with nothing.

Then there were the bills that would be coming. If Bendy couldn't find something soon he feared they would find themselves back at square one, the back alley. He couldn't stand the thought of seeing Boris sleeping on a square of cardboard again. No, he wouldn't allow it. They couldn't back slide to that.

To add insult to injury, today, while Bendy was heading to the Dancing Lady, he had also spotted that crazy owl, sneaking away to places unknown. Just sighting the guy put a bad taste in Bendy's mouth.

Bendy was staring into his fizzy Wizz, lost in thought, when Sasha came up and sat with him at the bar. Her movement snapped him outta thought. "Ya' know, seeing you pouting is really killing my vibe, Bends," She said lightly.

Bendy's head dropped to his hunched shoulders. "I don't pout," he muttered.

"Liar. You're doing it right now." She smirked.

"I just have a lot on my mind," he said.

"For the last week you've come here, made a nuisance of yourself, left, and then come back to pout at a drink again and again. What's with ya Bendy-boo?" Sasha asked, leaning forward a little to look at him more fully.

"Nothin's with me and I've told ya not to call me that Sash," Bendy replied taking a swig of the sugary drink.

Sasha pouted. "Now I'm getting' the cold shoulder? What happened to my little darling devil?"

Bendy felt himself bristle and his fur stand up. "Don't call me little."

Sasha got an evil look in her eye. "It can't be a small problem if you're acting like this. Have a little confidence in me. Maybe I could be the tiniest of help to you. Even if it's the tinniest thing, talking to me is better than coming up short and feeling foolish."

Bendy groaned and planted his head on the counter top. "You're insufferable," he groaned.

She giggled, "I know." She brushed one of her curls behind her ear before leaning her elbows on the counter. "So why don't cha talk before I pull out the pee-wee guns."

Bendy sat up to give her the most deadpanned, unamused look he could ever manage. She only laughed. He sighed in defeat. "Alright, so last week Pete fired me." Sasha's smile instantly dropped into a scowled.