Chapter 22: Is There a Doctor in the House?

Notes:

Hello lovelies~ XD
I'm back~! I am so sorry being gone for so long. I will give a rant at the end if you're interested, but right now HERE'S A NEW CHAPTER! It's in celebration of the release of a new chapter of Bendy and the Ink Machine! AAAHHH!
But I wasn't allowed to play it until I got this out, so enjoy! I made it longer then normal. See ya at the end!

~~~

"He what!" Bendy barked.

"Shh!" Holly waved her hands back and forth. She looked around, worried. Bendy glanced over his shoulder. Some students had stopped studying to glance at them curiously. Holly waved and smiled at the students, waiting to speak until they looked away. "Keep your voice down! We aren't supposed to talk about this stuff," she hissed quietly.

"Why not?" Boris asked, confused.

"It a huge scandal, and there's no proof. Most think it's just a hot shot rumor and don't want to tarnish the University's name. They'll get mad if they hear us talking about it," Holly explained.

"But you don't think so," Bendy said. "Otherwise, why would you tell us?"

Holly looked down at him. She narrowed her eyes in a calculating stare. "No, I don't. I think it's either true or the school is coverin' something big. Either way his dismissal was fishy."

"What do you know about Dr. Oddswell?" Boris asked with a serious glint in his eye.

Holly glanced at him and then looked down at the table with a sigh. "Sadly, not much. I was in one of his classes, but it was when I started out here. He was a brilliant teacher, but a bit...well, you'd just have to meet him." She waved a hand like she was dismissing a thought. "Even if he came off as a bit of a mad scientist, I couldn't really imagine him having a nervous breakdown."

"What about the experimenting on people part?" Bendy asked.

She looked up from her musings. "Oh, yeah, I can see him doing that." She gave him straight eye connect. There wasn't even a hint of a joke coming from her. "Absolutely." She nodded.

Eh. Bendy wasn't so sure of this anymore.

"Wh-," Boris swallowed. "What about the 'killed someone' bit?"

She shrugged. "Like I said, there wasn't any proof of that."

Bendy and Boris shared an uncomfortable glance. Had they made a mistake following Wilson's instructions? He could feel Holly watching them, but he focused on Boris. Should they keep going? That was the question the brothers had, that Boris wanted him to answer. The wolf's dark eyes were worried, but determined.

"Would you know where we can find him?" Bendy asked, turning back to her. They had already been through so much. It was like the warehouse all over again. They had to go to the end of this, otherwise everything else would have been for nothing.

"Sorry." Holly grimaced. "He just disappeared after that." Bendy and Boris shared another look. "Can I ask why you two want to find him?"

"We have a message for him," Bendy said quickly.

Holly raised a slim eyebrow. "What are you? Some kind of glorified mailmen?"

Bendy groaned and dropped his head in his hands. "Why does everyone think that?" Boris was chuckling next to him. Holly blinked, but shrugged it off.

"Fine, don't tell me. Look." She stepped back to a separate room and opened a filing cabinet drawer. "I can't help you find where he is now," she said through the open door. "But I can give you the address of where he used to stay when he worked here." She pulled out a file and opened it. She flipped through a few pages before grabbing a notecard and a pen to write. She snapped the file shut after that and returned it. Holly looked around at the studying students, before returning to the desk and handing the card to Bendy. "And if anyone asks, you never got it from me."