Chapter 9: It's Time For Animaniacs!

Notes:

Hey guys, gals, and all other pals! It's your author TAP!
Wow, look at all of you...it's so intimidating that so many of you are reading this. Heh.
Just as I feared, I didn't get any typing done this week. Bendy's yelling at me in the back of my mind to get back on track. Sadly, I don't think I'm gonna get anything typed up this coming week either. Oh well, I at least got this puppy sorta edited, and the next one in draft. After that...I might be in hot water. But! You don't have to worry cause you'll have a chapter next week!

I am introducing a couple of awesome OC's too! They are not mine!
Meet Finley and Sammy!

http://steampunkseahorse.tumblr.com/post/160809210875/dont-worry-sam-this-is-toon-town-just-you

http://steampunkseahorse.tumblr.com/post/160327362440/like-i-said-im-hooked-on-thebbros-au-so-i

http://steampunkseahorse.tumblr.com/post/160853495835/uh-s-sammy-i-have-an-idea-so-heres-finley

http://68.media.tumblr.com/1b5e997907ec6d55864a39bd6c8d9742/tumblr_oq09o0Ez481rpuuvlo1_500.jpg

http://steampunkseahorse.tumblr.com/post/160065648920/playing-with-finleys-design

They are creations by steampunkseahorse over on tumblr.
http://steampunkseahorse.tumblr.com/
Head over there and give some love and thanks! I was charmed when I saw them. They fit in perfectly with the retro cartoon world. That and they are so fun. I have to thank the creator for allowing me to bring them into Inky Mystery. They'll be real important folks.

Okay I think that's that. Enjoy the chapter!

~~~

The two brothers made their way down the street. Boris was picking twigs and leaves off Bendy as they walked. Bendy was scowling with his hands jammed into his pockets. He was in a bad mood. It had taken almost an hour for those two jabbering, insulting squirrels to get him out of the tree (none too gently either). And they still didn't have the money to get out of this place with his pack stolen. He was done with this day and the sun had only been up for a couple of hours. It was at this moment that Boris's stomach gave a growl. Boris blushed and ducked his head.

Bendy looked at him. "Best we find a spot to eat, just not under a tree," Bendy said. Boris agreed and the two found a nice little spot near a public shopping district. They stopped at a public fountain where other people were starting to mill around. In the daylight, Bendy had realized that Warnerburg was a lot bigger than he had first thought. Palm trees mixed in with trees he recognized. People dressed a bit snazzier and buildings seemed to be very square with large shilling roofs and stucco walls. Even though it was only morning, it was already starting to get hot outside.

Boris dug around in his pack and pulled out a couple of cans and a can opener along with forks. Bendy took his and ideally asked, "If we're sparse, how long we got from what's in your bag, bro?" Boris stuck his fork in his mouth and considered his bag again. Bendy watched him bob his head as he counted.

"If it's a meal a day, we got enough for two weeks, longer if we only do half meals," Boris said.

"Don't know how realistic that is. If we don't have any cash, we'll have to walk to the next town and that means we'll be starving." Bendy sighed. Boris hummed in agreement and turned back to his meal.

Bendy idly watched the locals and tourists, when a pair set themselves up right next to the fountain across from the bench Bendy and Boris occupied. One was a tall lanky cat with a nervous look on his face. His brows were creased and his ears twitched about. His button up shirt was half untucked and he wore thin looking, long slacks, and worn shoes. A paperboy hat sat between his ears, and his gloves had holes in them. The other was a smaller...fox? Maybe a dog? Bendy wasn't really sure, he had huge ears and a long fluffy tail. His shirt's sleeves were rolled up high on his arms. His pants were also rolled up, hinting at their ill fit. He had spenders on to keep them from falling. The maybe-fox had a big tooth grin, and was placing his hat on the ground upside down.