Chapter 19: A Certain Casino

Notes:

Fan art! AH!
"Oh boy." Yakko sighed. "We've really lost the writer this time."
"Think it's sickness?" Wakko asked.
"That and TAP hasn't stopped looking at that gift since TF showed it to 'em." Dot shook her head.
Uh? Oh yeah. Hello lovelies. I gotsa fan art. For the First. Time. Ever. I am so happy. Oh and yeah I'm sick with a horrible stomach bug. I don't wanna eat or drink anything. So, writing from bed.
"And a little loopy," Yakko whispered behind his hand.
Hmmm, circles will only make me more sick. Hehe.
"How about we just take over from here and you get some rest?" Dot suggested.
B-but I gotta warn 'em the chapter will be like nothing they expect.
"Well, ya just did, so go on and count some sheep." Wakko made a shoo motion with his hands.
Mmkay.
"Thank ya guys for writing comments, leaving kudos, and reading, TAP really does love hearing from you," Dot said. "And thank you Twinfeather. That really touched the ghost."
"Is touching a ghost cold?" Wakko asked.
"I bet it's wet. Like sticking your hand in fog," Yakko said.
"Isn't that going through it though?" Wakko asked.
"True."
"Boys!" Dot snapped. They fell silent and stared at her. "It's probably like touching cold glass. Anyway...."
"Right! For everyone that voted for Alice, here ya go!" Wakko said. "And boy she's grrr!" He purred and winked.
"Yep a hottie for sure. She has legs, a real cat's meow. Ten outta Ten," Yakko said.
"In other words...," Wakko said.
"Hellooooo Angel!" the boys crowed together.
Dot rolled her eyes. "Just go read and ignore the idiots."

~~~

Bendy pulled himself out of his novel to at the strange coughing noise. He made eye contact with an old man with a mustache for a split second before the man buried his face back into his paper. Bendy lifted an eyebrow, but shrugged it off before turning back to his book. Felix had just gotten into the cave. The explorer had figured out the deadly fire trap when—.

Motion from the corner of Bendy's eye had him glance up again. The man was sweating and bouncing his leg nervously. Bendy blinked and tried to focus on his book.

He had figured out the deadly fire trap when the shift of stone and the fall of dust had the cat look up. Small portals roughly the size of his fist slowly opened from above and from the sides. Not waiting to see what would come, the explorer sprinted across the room. He heard something small fall behind him. Felix chanced a look over his shoulder to see hundreds of giant red flame ants scuttling across the floor, walls, and ceiling toward him. The great explorer reached for his trusty bag and—.

"Dear, I am going to go see if there is a lounge car. Would you mind joining me?" The man had put down his paper and leaned over to the woman. Bendy grit his teeth.

"No, thank you! You're the one that wanted to travel cheap and not have such things brought to you. Now, you have to go fetch it yourself. You decided this yourself without any thought of what I wanted, so you can go get it yourself," she hissed acidly. Bendy bit back a sigh. Why did it have to be at a good part?

"Please, dear?" the man seemed to beg. He took her hand. "I rather do have something important to discuss with you in private."

"This will likely be the most privacy you can get back here. The lounge will be that much worse," she argued. The man gave him and Boris a quick glance. Bendy would have missed it if he was still in his book.

"Not here, dear, please." The man lifted the folded paper in his other hand. "It's quite important." Bendy did not like the look the guy had given him and his brother. Bendy lowered his book a little to see the wolf snoozing comfortably across from him. He had a small smile on his muzzle, most likely from a pleasant dream.

This was not how the man had acted for the whole ride. What had suddenly changed? Bendy lifted his book again and pretended to read. He observed the man from the corner of his eye. He was pale and there was definite sweat gleaming on his balding head in the over light. His mustache twitched every so often as he tried to convince his wife to leave with him. He also had a death grip on the paper.