Chapter 7: Pack a Bag

Bendy was right. This sucked.

The pigs had questioned him in circles, but Bendy stayed a step ahead of them at each spin they gave him. He answered questions with questions, refused to get frustrated at their bait or threats. He simply lounged back and smirked. There were a few he refused to answer. They tried to tell him that they had enough evidence to arrest him or Boris, and he poked holes in their claims and statements. It was actually kinda fun making the pigs more and more frustrated as the hours wore on. Eventually he just put on an easy-going smile, like a mask, and switched to automatic sarcasm and jokes.

"Could ya send in the detectives? They are way nicer to look at and I'm sure they won't ask me the same question three dozen times," Bendy complained lightly. He hadn't seen either detective since he entered the building. He guessed with the break in and loss of evidence they were busy ripping the officers in charge of securing that kinda stuff apart.

Snoutfer continued his glaring. "No! If you would just cooperate, then we would be done here."

"You mean confess and I'll say it again. I. Didn't. Do. Anything." Bendy threw an arm over the back of his chair and leaned it back on two legs. Snoutfer huffed.

"Were you that splotchy when the Big Bad blew your sticks away?" Bendy asked.

"THAT'S ENOUGH! WE BOTH KNOW YOU'RE DIRTY!" the pig squealed.

"Well of course I'm dirty," Bendy sighed. He watched the wind in Snoutfer's sails drop like a brick in surprise.

"W-what?" he stammered.

"I was shoved into the ground today! Honestly, I need to get home and shower before these cuts get infected," Bendy stated looking at his other arm and the small scrapes running up it. Snoutfer turned so splotchy that for a second Bendy actually feared something would pop.

"YOU DAMN DEVIL!" The door suddenly opened, stopping Snoutfer from flipping the table or lunging at Bendy. He wasn't really sure which the hog would have gone for. Hogsmen stood in the door way.

"Oh boy! Are we switching again?" Bendy cheered with mock glee.

"You're free to go," he said and stepped aside. Bendy didn't waste a second. He stuck his hands in his pockets and strolled by with his easy smile still on. He paused as he passed the chief.

"Thanks buddy, ol' pal. Don't go twisting your hay in a bail. I'm sure you'll catch the schmucks that did this," Bendy said.

Hogsmen turned and glared daggers with his beady black eyes. "I swear boy. I'll bring the ones who did this down." Bendy knew it was a threat against him. It was stupidly obvious, but still.

He turned fully, and suddenly his cheery mood dropped with his smile to show how he really felt. His eyes narrowed, and darkness withered in excitement around him. "I really hope you do, sir. Whoever they are almost got my brother, and I don't take that lightly." Before either swine could react to their instinctual terror Bendy spun on his heels and was gone.

Bendy found Boris tightly curled up on an uncomfortable waiting chair. He was too tall to lay on it completely, so his legs half dangled off the edge. Bendy chuckled at the puppy-like smile on his sleeping face. He was such a kid.

"Oh!" Bendy turned to see the raccoon dame standing in the hall entrance. She had a blanket and a cup of water in hand. Bendy smiled. "You're finally free, uh? I guess that's where Featherworth disappeared to. She must have really chewed the chief out." She put the blanket and cup down on a table next to the boys. "Guess I was too late. Oh well, at least you both get to go home now." she shrugged.