~Ch.2: Departure~

Silverstripe left the cavern to find Starseer soon after she woke the next morning. Her father had worked until well past midnight, so she figured he wouldn't be awake until at least noon.

Silverstripe flew low over the ocean, taking in the scent and enjoying the feeling of the sea spray as it landed on her face.

Silverstripe spent only a few moments over the ocean like this before she decided to fly up to the clifftop and enter the settlement.

It only took her a few minutes to find Starseer sorting scrolls in her hut with an attentive expression.

"Hey, Aunt Starseer!" Silverstripe said as she entered the hut.

"Hi, Silverstripe," Starseer said, waving a talon as she bound a few scrolls with a ribbon and tucked them into a cubby in her scrollcase. "Are you ready for your first assignment?"

"It's here?" Silverstripe asked gleefully.

"Hold on a minute."

Silverstripe could feel her scales tingling with excitement as Starseer took a small scroll out from one of her top cubbies and untied the ribbon, handing the scroll to her with a smile.

Silverstripe,

It has come to my notice that you have successfully completed your spy training with Starseer. The Talons and the NightWings hope that you can use your gifts to serve us in gathering information relating to the war and other politcal affairs.

Your first assignment is located in the Kingdom of the Sea, where we always meant for your to go due to your abilities underwater. Your specific location is in the heart of the Bay of a Thousand Scales, where we want you to find the location of the SeaWing Summer Palace, and observe the politics of the region.

Your top priority is to collect information relating to war strategies, plans, and details of Blister's alliance with the SeaWings.

I expect nothing less than the above from NightWing blood. If you prove to contain incompetence as a spy, or fail to conceal your identity and our secrets, then we can easily make you disappear and replace you with another spy.

You are expected to report to me every ten days at the mountain island shaped like a dragon skeleton, unless I say otherwise. If you are late, or fail to give reports, then you will be removed from the assignment and sent back to the Talons of Peace settlement.

You are to depart for the Kingdom of the Sea by the end of today.

Morrowseer

Silverstripe snorted and rolled her eyes. "He thinks he can replace me if I fail the mission."

"He's trying to intimidate you so you work harder. I know that the few SeaWings spies we have aren't very good -taught by some useless SkyWing over yander. You are more valuable than he wants you to know, and that is an advantage," Starseer advised. "He's not going to want to lose this chance to look into the Kingdom of the Sea. You'll be able to get away with a few slip ups if you remind him of that."

"He's still wanted me dead since I was a dragonet," Silverstripe said. "He will be watching me, no matter how valuable I am."

"Remember that you're irreplaceable, Silvey," Starseer said. "I didn't train you for six years only for Morrowseer to kill you and say you were incompetent; I've given you tips on how to conceal your identity, and you have gifts created yourself in the art of spying."