~Excerpt of "Lemming's Story"~

You've read the story of Silverstripe, now get ready for the story of Lemming, an IceWing prisoner fighting for survival in Queen Scarlet's arena...

Part Two: Prisoner of the Arena

"I present: Lemming of the IceWings!"
The three SkyWing guards flew over to Lemming's spire, reaching for her chains.

Lemming hissed, opening her mouth to use her frostbreath.

One of the SkyWings smacked the back of her head with his wings.

Lemming closed her mouth and ducked her head in fear and submission.

This is how I die.

This is how I die.

This is how I die.

As the SkyWings lifted her up, Lemming went limp. They dropped her onto the sand, and Lemming found Wolf staring at her with hollow eyes as she rose to her feet.

But you're my friend.

You wouldn't!

But you killed Strike, who was on your side in the war.

But I'm a fellow IceWing!

"Claws ready, teeth bared, ice-breath ready to blast, FIGHT!" Vermilion shouted.

Lemming heard several murmurs among the crowd as Wolf examined her.

"She's so small!"

"Who brought the dragonet?!"

"He'll squish her like a bug!"

"Did you see what he did to that SandWing? That runt will be easy for him!"

"She doesn't stand a chance."

"Why was she ever in battle?"

Lemming locked eyes with Wolf. "Y-You wouldn't..." Her voice was more shrill than she would have liked. "I-I'm a f-fellow I-IceWing."

Wolf glared at her and growled, "You were never a true IceWing, runt!"

Lemming yelped as Wolf charged at her. He pinned her down with incredible force, and Lemming could smell the blood in his breath as she stared into his black eyes with disbelief.

This is the end, her mind reiterated.

Wolf opened his mouth wide and inhaled.

Lemming believed she was going to die for a moment. Her face would be frozen in an expression of horror, just like Strike's. The guards would carry her body to wherever they dumped dead prisoners, and she would be forgotten like yesterday's lunch.

Suddenly, before Wolf could exhale, Lemming curled her tail and stabbed him between the hind legs.

Wolf cried out in pain and blue blood splattered Lemming's underside and tail. While his grip was loosened, Lemming wormed out of his talons and darted for the other side of the arena.

Wolf had a look of horror and amazement as he stared at the stab wound.

Maybe I won't die today, Lemming thought. But if I am to live and share our tale, I must kill you, General.

- - - ~❄️~ - - -

Thank you guys! I know this is kind of late for another part, but I had been putting off getting to finding the excerpt.

Thank you!