~Ch.13: Complications~

On the day of Silverstripe's next report, she arrived early, as did Morrowseer.

Before I know it he's going to be having reports in the morning, Silverstripe thought as she watched the massive NightWing land on the stone skull.

"Greetings, Morrowseer," Silverstripe said, pulling out her slates.

Morrowseer tossed an eyebrow at Silverstripe as she sorted the slates into an arc facing him.

Yes, I'm still getting ready. You arrived even earlier, Silverstripe thought.

"Report?" Morrowseer asked as Silverstripe arranged the last slate.

"Abyss is still doing well in the Kingdom of the Sea," Silverstripe said. "She is encountering no problems or complications in her mission. She is building strong trust, and detects no suspicions from her fellow SeaWings."

Morrowseer scanned through each slate, tucking only two into his pouch. "Not much information, then," he said. "The information about the army is good, though. You are dismissed."

Silverstripe nodded and watched as the massive NightWing flew off into the horizon.

Morrowseer was smart enough to detect a blatant lie. However, if he suspected that she was hiding part of her mission, then he only slightly showed it.

Silverstripe shrugged and dove off the stone dragon's snout.

Moons, I'm taking some risks.

- - - ~🌊~ - - -

A few days later, Silverstripe was spending another day with Turquoise. They strolled about a beach, just talking and collecting shells.

Yet again, Silverstripe had not told him how she felt. However, she also felt some reluctance to confessing her feelings now that she had realized what was at stake if she did.

"Well, I guess it's time to head home," Turquoise said as they swam. "I've got a few minutes after sunset, so I'll wait for you below the pavilion."

"Okay," Silverstripe said with a bright smile.

They separated as Silverstripe flew up to the pavilion and landed next to Emerald.

"Did you tell him?" Emerald whispered into her ear.

Silverstripe shook her head.

"Come on, Abyss! We've been working on it for at least a week by now," Emerald hissed. "We'll just keep trying, I guess."

Silverstripe smiled at the dragonet, brushing wings with her. The green dragonet's support was sweet, even if it was returned only with failure and apologetic smiles.

Not a moment after, Mistress Seasnake padded to the center of the pavilion and flared her wings. "Greetings, pearl hunters! I am pleased that we have had yet another successful day, though a couple dragons have been lagging just a bit--"

Two pale aquamarine SeaWings exchanged a nervous glance.

"--but, we've been meeting our quota as an ensemble," Seasnake said. "Keep up the good work, guys! With nothing going on, I suppose this concludes our meeting. See you tomorrow morning!"

The crowd dispersed.

Silverstripe and Emerald dove off of the pavilion to see Turquoise wading patiently in the entrance pool.

"Hey, Turquoise!" Emerald shouted as Silverstripe waved. "Fancy seeing you here! Say, do you want to take Abyss back to the Deep Palace? I have to go run an errand, but I'll be back soon. What do ya say?"