Chapter 17

Chapter 17

*Author's P.O.V*

"Come in!" Harry shouts when he hears a knock on his front door.

He thinks it is his mother since she would usually come around this time to help him with the things he needs. He sits in the living room dusting off his wheelchair when the front door opens. Footsteps approach him and that's when he decides to look in that direction. His mother would have been talking to him but the figure he sees next to him is not his mother. As best as he can, scrambles for the blanket that sits on the chair a few feet away from him. That action results in him falling to the floor and he gives up at that point. He sits himself up but doesn't even look at the blonde, who is staring at his lower half. The tears build in his eyes just as quick as his anger.

"Why didn't you tell me it was you at the door?" Harry screams finally looking into his blue eyes.

"I didn't know. I figured you knew since your mum told me to pick up your things and help you out once I got here because she couldn't do it today." Niall answers quietly as he sits the plastic bag down on the couch.

"You shouldn't have listened to her! You know I don't want you here! You could have just let my sister or my dad handle it! Just get out already!" Harry yells before he breaks down.

Niall feels his heart clench in sadness as he watches. Now he gets why Harry doesn't post pictures of his lower half. Additionally, he gets why he doesn't see him wear shorts. His legs were missing from the kneecap down. This is probably what he meant when he was talking about his car accident. He goes over to him then gets on his knees. He pulls him into his arms and Harry clings onto him as he sobs into his chest. He feels his own tears prick at his eyes as he rocks him back and forth. Losing both his legs couldn't be easy to deal with emotionally. Physically it is probably unbearable since he has to take account of his legs when doing just simple tasks. He rests his head on top of his, wishing this shit didn't happen to any of them.

"That night I blew up on you I had stayed outside all night because I just felt so guilty. When I finally decided to go home, a female had fallen asleep at the wheel and she crashed right into me. I was pinned between her car and a wall. The doctor told me my legs were shattered beyond repair. She told me if I would have been any shorter I would have died on impact. I immediately went for the option of prosthetic legs because I didn't want to looked at like a freak. The reason I suddenly disappeared from your life was because I was in physical therapy." Harry explains after he calms down.

"I still don't think you're a freak for this. You didn't deserve that happening to you." Niall reassures while rubbing his back.

"You can't tell anyone about this. I don't care how trust worthy they may seem to you." Harry states, wiping his tears away.

"I didn't even think about telling anyone else. This is your information to tell anyway." Niall responds before the walls are put up in front of him.

"Okay you can leave now. I've got the rest of this covered." Harry says as his face goes blank while he moves away from him.

"You know I just can't leave you." Niall replies, reaching out to him with his left hand.

"And why is that?" Harry asks, smacking his hand away roughly and that causes him to hiss in pain.

"Because you clearly need help and I just want us to get back to how things use to be between us." Niall explains while cradling his hand to his chest.

"The moment you're finished with helping me get the hell out." Harry grumbles out then place himself onto the couch again.

In that moment, Niall realize that he's wearing a tanktop. The tanktop does a poor job hiding all the wounds from the car accident. As far as he can tell, there is no area on his body that isn't wounded besides his head. They mess up the way his tattoos look but overall it really doesn't bother him. He's still the same Harry he knew those years ago. With that in mind, he goes to help him clean his prosthetic legs. The entire time Harry doesn't look at him but he doesn't mind it. He puts away the wheelchair then comes back over to help him put on his prosthetics. He the prosthetics pretty close. They look real at first glance but if anyone look hard enough the line where his kneecap and the prosthetics meet give away that it's not. The moment the prosthetics are on he feels himself being push to the door.

"I helped you. The least you can do is give me your number." Niall says as the front door is open.

"Thanks for the help now don't return here for the love of god." Harry hisses out then shoves him outside.

"Harry please!" Niall shouts while reaching out just as the door is slam shut but his wrist just so happen to get caught in the doorway.

"Why do you keep making me hurt you?" Harry questions once he opens the door quickly, watching the blonde's wrist swell up and turn a deep red and purple.

"We're hurting each other and ourselves but at some point we'll start to heal each other too. We're found but we're still lost." Niall winces out and he doesn't miss the surprise look on his face as he pulls him inside to help him.
»»»»»»»»»»»»
Vote

Share

Comment

Thoughts??? Predictions??? I'll give anyone who can tell me the slide away line I used this one anything they want. Hint: one of them says it but it's slightly tweaked.

Bye.