Chapter 29

Chapter 29

*Author's P.O.V*

"Here is your breakfast young man." A nurse states with a smile on her face as she sits the try down on Harry's lap.

"Thank you." Harry mumbles not bothering to smile or look at her.

She doesn't take offense to it as she leaves. He eats the banana that's on the try before sliding the rest of the food in the trash. It had looked great but he couldn't bring himself to eat it. Got to maintain his skinny figure. He looks over at Niall's bed and he frowns deeply. The ride to the hospital seem to be the only thing playing in his head over and over again. When the paramedics removed his shirt there was just so much blood while his chest and stomach were blue and purple. At the same time, he had a out of body experience that eventually resulted in him passing out. Now he knows how his family and Niall felt when they found him on the verge of death. This feeling is something he never wants to go through ever again. He knows that he'll have to though because life likes to torture him like that.

There is a small ruffle of duvets before a groan follows after it. Niall opens his eyes a few minutes later with a wince. The lights cause him to shield his eyes a bit since they are making his headache worse. He tries to sit up all the way but that brings pain throughout his whole torso so he gives up immediately. He manages to keep in the scream that wanted to come out during that. His eyes scan his body and the multiple tubes in his arms and the breathing mask on his face let's him know that everything is going to be difficult for him for a while. He would rather be going through this than Harry so he can't complain. The first thing he notices though is that his mouth is very dry and he can still taste his blood. The door to the room opens and their doctor walks in while whistling.

"Hello to the both of you. I'm glad to see that you're finally up Mr.Horan." The doctor says as she smiles at them before flipping through her clipboard.

"How long have I been out for?" Niall questions his voice cracking with each word.

"Two days. You're very lucky to be alive right now after receiving twenty eight stab wounds. Most people die after the fifth or fourth stab. The attacker missed all of your important organs so your healing process shouldn't be so bad but your muscles will hurt for a long time. At most you should be out of here in a week or so." She informs, checking his IV bag.

"What about him?" Niall asks, trying his best to turn his head to look at the curly hair male.

"He's also very lucky. If he would have received a few more punches to the right eye, he would have lost his sight. He had a minor concussion and a tear in his mouth but it's nothing we couldn't fix. He will be in a wheelchair for a while until his new order of legs arrive." She answers while paging a nurse to bring Niall something to eat.

"Can we have some alone time for a bit?" Niall questions and he gets a nod before the doctor leaves.

"Why would you bring that up in a time like that?" Harry asks as he looks away from him so he wouldn't cry.

"Because I couldn't die without talking about the elephant in the room." Niall answers as he adjusts his breathing mask.

"There wasn't no elephant in the room so I don't know what you're getting at." Harry grumbles while crossing his arms over his chest.

"I was the reason your life became so stressful and you started your eating disorder because of me right?" Niall questions, feeling a lot of things make way more sense now."Don't lie to me because I know it is."

"We're grown now so nothing you know now correlates to life back then." Harry responds, wishing he had his legs so he can walk out of here already.

"You forget that we were best friends at some point until that moment that caused us to slide away. That doesn't mean everything change though." Niall replies, wishing he had the energy to get out of his bed and go over to him. "Just tell me what I did wrong that caused you to start your eating habit so I can fix it. I just can't leave anything be knowing it has something to do with me."

"The guys you would talk to were so different than me in so many ways. For one, they were way older and they were so lean. They didn't have a kiddy hairstyle like me and they were so successful. Everything you've every wanted was happening for you while my life was just stuck in it's regular routine. I felt like I was losing the war and the battle with my best friend and my life. In the end I did lose both." Harry confesses before turning his back to him.

Niall wanted to be surprise by that information but he simply couldn't. Like he said, they were best friends so he had noticed when Harry had suddenly started caring about his weight. He also noticed when he dyed his hair black and decided to cut it very short. As they had gotten closer to their graduation, the more quiet and irritated Harry got. No matter what he did though, Harry just refused to tell him what was going on mentally. That last day Harry blew up on him he knew that he wasn't going to question him again but he ended disappearing. He honestly didn't mean to make his best friend feel that way. He simply couldn't help who he brought into his life. Those guys really helped him figure out his future and himself. They made him more confident about his body but now that he has these burns that confidence is gone forever.

"Hello boys. I would just like to talk to you for a few minutes about your attackers so we can get you justice." A female officer says while she steps into the room and they both nod.
»»»»»»»»»»»»
Vote

Share

Comment

Thoughts??? Predictions??? Peep that Detroit Become Human reference???

Bye.