Chapter 21

Chapter 21

*Author's P.O.V*

Harry walks down the street with his headphones in his ears blasting a random 90s rock song. His lower half is covered in baggy sweatpants with his upper half being covered in a baggy hoodie. He had just came back from his physical therapist so she could see if everything was ok in his legs. He was grateful that she doesn't live that far from him. Her place was walking distance, which meant he could quickly get home or to her place without anything noticing his legs. This walk happens to be different today. It's as if the stars align to make this happen. Who knows, maybe it'll start raining cats and dogs.

His eyes catch a car parked next to the cemetery. The normal thing he would have done is walk pass it without a second thought. However, the ten second transition on his playlist let's him hear the person inside the car sobbing. The windows of the car are rolled down and since he is the only one that lives down this road he hears it clear as day. He looks both ways three times before crossing the street as quickly as he can. He approaches the car then looks through the window. The familiar locks of brunette hair tells him
exactly who this is. With a closer look, he finds out that he's actually sleeping. That makes his heart want to ache but he forces it not to. Emotions are something he trains to keep turnt off.

He reaches inside then shakes his shoulder gently. That doesn't seem to do much. He wants to leave because this isn't his problem but he doesn't want to be responsible for him potentially getting robbed or hurt. The second attempt is a bit more forceful. That seems to work because Niall jolts awake with a scream. Instantly, he backs away from Harry's hand as if it is hot as hell. Harry jumps back in surprise. The Irish man in front of him seems to be in a very bad state. His eyes were bloodshot red and puffy. The tip of his nose is a bright red along with his cheeks. His hair is not in the best of shape. Neither are his clothes. There's fresh and dried tear trails on his face. His lap is full of used tissue. Overall he looks broken.

"Why are you way out here sleeping and crying?" Harry questions, taking his headphones out his ears.

"I uh had night terrors. I couldn't get to sleep so I decided to go for a drive. Took myself to the root of my night terrors which is Odele's and Ava's graves." Niall answers, grabbing another tissue and blowing his nose.

"You need to go home and sleep." Harry states as he shoves his phone in his pocket.

"I can't. The night terrors are waiting for me. They always wait for me. The only thing I can do is force myself to stay awake until I physical can't anymore." Niall chokes out before he's crying again.

"Why are you letting yourself suffer like this? Why don't you seek help?" Harry asks after he gets in the passenger seat.

"Do you see me? Nobody wants to help a fucking broken freak. I've tried and I've tried but I was pushed away." Niall explains with his nosebleeding right after.

"That doesn't mean you give up. I'm sure there's someone out there." Harry says, trying to force a smile on his face but it doesn't work out with what he hears next.

"I've never thought about killing myself but since these burns it really sounds so inviting." Niall confesses after cleaning up his nose.

"The last thing you ever need to do is kill yourself." Harry tries to reassure but that leaves a sour taste in the brunette's mouth.

"How come you can do it but I can't? Your mom told me how she found you trying to hang yourself, your sister found you trying to jump off a bridge, and your dad found you cutting your wrists. Don't even get me started on me finding out about your eating disorder or you in your bathroom with those pills." Niall spits out while glaring at him as best as he could.

Those words causes Harry to turn on his emotions. The water in his green forest builds before falling down. His hands don't come up to hide his face. They already seen each other at their worst so why do something about it. Those words were such a reality check. All his suicide attempts were failures. His reasoning for committing them was so stupid. People out here have it way worse than him. Niall is a prime example. Here he was treating him like shit, adding on to his pain. He reaches for some tissue and uses it to wipe at his eyes. He sniffles a bit before calming himself down. He clears his throat then looks into electric blue eyes.

"I'm so sorry. I really am. You done nothing but try to keep me alive and happy. Please forgive me." Harry says as it starts to rain.

"Like you said, how can I believe your sorry when I don't know if you truly mean it. You could curse me out tomorrow or two days from now." Niall responds before a hand is place on top of his.

"I know I mean it. Please come back to my place and get some sleep. I'll give you all the space you need there." Harry replies, squeezing his hand.

"Only if you tell me why you tried to kill yourself so many times." Niall says while rolling up the windows.

"I didn't and still don't like the way my life ended up. I feel like such a failure. My family is worried sick about me all the time. I had push my best friend out of my life for so long. I lost my legs and have been bullied because of it. I've became so bitter and lost." Harry whimpers out as he remembers some not so happy memories.

"Okay." Niall says before starting the car then driving to his home with their hands still connected.
»»»»»»»»»»»»
Vote

Share

Comment

Thoughts??? Predictions??? I don't know how many chapters I want of this yet. Btw read 19 if you haven't.

Bye.