Chapter 24

Chapter 24

*Author's P.O.V*

"What do you know about Odele?" Niall questions the moment he enters the house.

"It's nothing. I was mistaken." Harry answers after pulling his cup of tea away from his mouth.

"Don't give me that. The look in your eyes gave it all away" Niall responds, standing in front of him with his arms crossed.

"I don't want to say." Harry states before nibbling on his bottom lop as his eyes study the floor.

"If you know something please tell me. It's my daughter we're talking about here." Niall pleads, crouching down in front of him to try and meet his eyes.

"I met her before." Harry confesses while scratching the back of his neck.

"What? How? When?" Niall asks, standing back up with wide eyes.

"It was three years after my accident. I was just getting use to using my prosthetic legs. All of sudden this little girl comes out of nowhere and runs to hug my legs. She was trying to shove her teddy bear into my arms while pointing at me and saying Harry. At first I thought she knew my name but I saw a name tag on the bear that said Harry. A lady, who I'm assuming now was the teacher, came over to get her then carried her away. I didn't know she was your daughter." Harry explains while fidgeting with his fingers.

"I think I'm gonna be sick." Niall states as he grips his hair tightly.

"Why?" Harry asks, knowing that he shouldn't be nosey but he had to know.

"The next day was when she got on the plane. She didn't want to leave and she kept saying Harry while looking out the window. I thought it was because she lost her teddy bear and didn't want to leave without it." Niall informs, with the green eye male getting up from the couch.

"You couldn't have known." Harry tries to reassure but Niall steps away from him with his hands trembling.

"I should have let her stay. I shouldn't have let her leave while she was napping. I shouldn't have ignored what she was trying to tell me." Niall says then burst into tears.

He covers his mouth before running off to the bathroom. Harry gets up to go after him as fast as he can but he's too slow to stop the bathroom door from closing in his face. Niall locks the door then drops to his knees in front of the toilet. The vomit doesn't waste a second of coming out of him. There isn't much since he hasn't eaten anything in the last few hours. Once he's done, he sits against the wall with his eyes looking at the floor. The same floor that Harry had laid on some days ago completely dead. Instead of picturing Harry on the floor, he pictures him there. There would be nothing that could stop him since the door is locked. With that, he gets off the floor and opens the cabinet. His eyes land on Harry's medication. He grabs it causing it to rattle louder and suddenly there is frantic knocking on the door.

"Put it back! Please!" Harry shouts as he starts to shove his shoulder against the door.

This is what made him want to keep his mouth shut. He wishes he would have just kept his mouth shut like he always does. Niall is in a deep vulnerable state. There's no reason to add on to it. He should have never contacted Niall in the first place. If he didn't, then he would have been successful in killing himself and Niall would have been living life without wounds and full of happiness. His attempt at getting the door open fails and that makes him want to cry. Now he knows how his family felt when they found him. The opening of the door calms his heart. The pills are sitting on the counter, which makes him sigh in relief. Before he can get out a word or catch his breath, Niall is moving pass him. He goes after him with a confused look on his face.

"You just got here. You can't leave already." Harry say once he sees where he's headed.

"I'll see you around Harry." Niall states quickly as he wipes at his face roughly.

"You said you was gonna stay here for a few days." Harry responds, reaching out and grabbing his arm.

"I can't stay here. There's too much of a connection between you and Odele. I don't know what they mean and I don't want to find out." Niall explains while gently removing his hand.

"I know. That's why I didn't want to say anything in the first place but we need to help each other before we reach rock bottom." Harry replies, feeling defeated when he opens the front door.

"I got in way over my head. We can't help each other. We need professional help. I don't give up easily but I don't think that I'm down. I'm sorry." Niall says before leaving with his head down.

Harry closes the door with a sniffle. He makes his way to the kitchen as his stomach growls. He looks at the food that he had in the oven with a frown. He takes it out then slides it into the trash. This wasn't his plan at all. The food was suppose to be eaten but Niall ruined his whole mood. However, he let's his mind think that he doesn't deserve to eat all of that. His body only deserve to eat a very small portion of food. With that in his mind, he goes over to the fridge and looks at his almost empty fridge. The apple that he sees is the only thing that get his interest. He takes it out then starts to nibble on it. This is his first time eating something in the past two days. He makes his way to his bedroom while planning out his next suicide.
»»»»»»»»»»»»
Vote

Share

Comment

Thoughts??? Predictions??? Niall in that gif.😍😭

Bye.