Chapter Thirty Five: Gone

Aerolynn's pov

My head was pounding and I felt weak, like all of my energy had been drained out of me at once and I was left with just the shell of the old me, the shell that was normally inhabited by energy and happiness, but now it was just empty.

My eyes were closed and I wondered where I was, I knew I had previously been asleep, and that I was somewhere in between consciousness and unconsciousness, but I couldn't remember how I got here. I moved my fingers slightly and felt something soft, like I was in a bed. I knew I was laying down because it was soft underneath me, like a bed, I figured I was in the bed Ben and I shared but I couldn't remember going to sleep with him.

I strained my mind to remember what happened but I was still drawing a blank, it was as if my brain had short circuited, and now I was glitching out.

Slowly, I was able to wiggle my toes and fingers, and then I was able to stretch my limbs out a little bit farther than the last time, and then I could finally crack my eyes open.

The light in the room sliced through my head, making me wince and close them again. I hesitated opening them again, but eventually I did, and sat up. I looked around, rubbing my face gently in an attempt to press the sleep from it, but regardless, I still felt fatigued as if I hadn't slept at all.

I looked around the room, and I felt my stomach drop. This wasn't my room, it wasn't the First Order base, and it wasn't even in space! I clutched at the blankets surrounding me in the unfamiliar bed, my hands trembling. My throat felt dry and I felt like crying, like all the hope I previously had, had been sucked out of me by a sponge.

The room around me was fancy, with gold linings on the pale teal walls, marble floors, lush carpets, and a golden vanity in one corner, and what I assumed to be a door to the bathroom in the other.
I stood up, sliding out of the warm comforter that had been wrapped around me, slipping my legs out of the sheets that were tangled in my legs. Once my feet hit the floor I nearly fell, my legs shook with the effort and I clutched at the baseboard of the bed.

Then, everything came rushing back at me. I remembered the wedding, and the dancing, and champagne, and Ben collapsing along with the rest of the part goers, and then I remembered the energy being drained out of me, and Elijah's harsh whisper in my ear.

Elijah, he did this to me, he kidnapped me. And Astrid, Astrid was there too. I remembered the sad look shining in his blue eyes as he looked down at me as I called him a traitor. My heart ached at the remembrance of his betrayal.

I looked down, I wasn't wearing my wedding dress anymore, but my clothes that I was wearing under it, which was a strapless tank top, and tight spandex that didn't leave much to the imagination. I blushed deeply wondering who had changed me, I wondered if it was Elijah, and if he had tried anything...

I slowly let go of the baseboard and started to move forward, pins and needles shot up my legs at the sudden usage of my previously limp legs, and they shook without my consent. I still felt fatigued, like I hadn't gotten an ounce of sleep in a week, but at least I could move, even if my legs were weak and shaking. I finally was able to walk to the large looming doors at the front of the room and I grabbed at the door knobs, shaking them, but alas they were locked, I should have guessed they would have been, but there was a sliver of hope inside of me that now deflated like a sad balloon.

I looked over my shoulder, trying to find someway to escape, when my eyes landed on a window, covered by a thin curtain. My heart leaped and I nearly ran to the window and yanked the curtain to side, my smile fell slightly at the sight of the purposely fogged over window, it was clear enough to let light in but not enough to let me see outside.