Chapter Thirty Nine: Reunited

Aerolynns pov

Warning: Intense and the longest chapter I have ever written ahead

"I win." I said, pressing my thumb over Eli's as she tried to squirm away from me. She bent her arm at all these weird angles to try and win but I had the better technic.

"That's not fair." She said, pouting down at our interlocked hands, her thumb still trapped under mine.

"No, what's not fair is the fact that you were cheating the whole time." I said, letting go of her hand to run my fingers through my hair, smoothing it down, I had finally managed to tame it after this morning, where for two hours it was tied in a knot at the back of my head as I hurled my stomach out of me and into the toilet.

This whole pregnancy thing was starting to get annoying, the morning sickness was happening at the most inconvenient times, not to mention my lack of energy wasn't all from Elijah, my symptoms were draining away all of my energy. Also, my breasts had never felt more sore, I couldn't even lay on my stomach anymore without wincing in pain and having to adjust my position.

But the worst part of it all was that Ben wasn't here to go through it with me. We were supposed to be going through these things together, as husband and wife. I wanted him to be holding my hand every time I felt nauseous or fatigued, and I wanted him to hold my hair back as I puked, (not that that was something I fantasized about.) Without him I was soldering through it on my own, well, not entirely alone, I had Eli, but it wasn't the same, regardless of the amount of support she gave me.

"Hey. Earth to Aerolynn." Eli said snapping in front of my nose, I jerked to attention, pulling out of my depressing reverie.

"Yup. Whats up?" I asked, turning to look at her.

"I asked if you were okay, you seemed really lost in thought." She said.

"Yeah I'm fine." I said, playing with the material of my comforter upon which we were sitting. I was so bored all day, all I ever did was sit on my bed, eat, and sleep. I looked forward almost too much for Elis visits, even though they were extremely dangerous for the both of us. But no matter how much I told her not to she always came back.

I didn't know if I could manage staying here without Eli. She was the thing that had pulled me through these days, unable to speak to Ben, and knowing that I was under the threat of Elijah would have had me seriously depressed had it not been for her. Her spunky attitude and witty comments kept my mood up, and helped me stay hopeful that Ben would find me.

Somehow I knew Ben would find me, he had to. I'd go to the ends of the universe for him and I knew he would do the same for me. My fingers unconsciously drifted to where my ring rested, my fingertip stroking the diamond which was made out of his kyber crystal and forged in my electricity. It was the sign of our relationship, and a beacon of hope for me, a reminder of our love.

"What were you thinking about?" Eli asked, playing with a strand of my hair, starting to braid it. I leaned my head back against the wall, giving her easier access to my hair. I stared up at the ceiling, choosing not to tell her what I was truly thinking about. The last thing this kid needed was to deal with my emotional burdens along with her own.

"Or should I say who you were you thinking about?" Eli asked, wiggling her eyebrows at me. I frowned down at her, resisting the urge to laugh, she looked so goofy when she did that with her face.

"Were you thinking about Ben?" She asked, leaning forward, her eyes scanning my face. I moved away from her, suddenly feeling that I was being scrutinized by her gaze.

"Yes." I said, crossing my arms over my chest, "But let's move on from that topic... you know, I never understood why your name was Eli, is that a nickname or something?" I asked.