Chapter Forty: Coming home

I wanted to name this chapter Male Pregnancy, (a reference you'll understand later in the chapter,) but my sister didn't approve:(

Aerolynns pov

I awoke to the feeling of the ship jolting forward. My eyes sprang open in fear, scared that somehow the New Order had found us. I started to sit up, my body aching in response, but then I felt a hand stroke my hair, and the arm around me pull me back down.

"Hey, it's okay. It was just a little turbulence." Ben said, his lips right next to my ear. I looked around the ship, feeling disoriented. Hux and Eli were both asleep across from us, Eli was still in his lap and Hux had his head tipped back on the wall, his mouth open.

I let out a sigh of relief seeing Eli was safe. I had to admit, it was strange seeing her outside of the castle. Actually her outside of my room and in the dining room was strange, nevermind on a First Order ship flying to the base.

I still couldn't believe we had actually made it out of there. Eli had been fantasizing about leaving for her whole stay there. Imagining what it would be like to live as someone like Rey or Luke, just someone who wasn't afraid of what people should have been afraid of. She even mentioned when she saw me how she knew I wasn't some dark empress or something, she saw the humanity in my eyes and somehow knew I wasn't bad.

"You alright?" Ben asked, looking down at me, I twisted in his grip to look at him, and he pulled me closer to him, his thumb drawing slow circles into my skin. I nodded and he smiled, kissing the tip of my nose.

"You should go back to sleep, we won't be at the base for another hour." He said, looking down at me and playing with a stray piece of my hair, twirling it around in his fingers and taking the end and brushing it against my cheekbone.

"I'll be able to last an hour." I said, sitting up straighter so that I was sitting next to him, his arm was still wrapped around my waist and my head went into the crook of his neck, our hands laced together in my lap.

"You know, when I was flying over to that planet to rescue you, I felt something." He said, I squeezed his hand gently, looking down at them. Our hands always fit together so perfectly like jigsaw pieces, I never thought it made sense considering his hands were so much larger than mine, but somehow we worked.

"Snoke?" I asked, yawning.

"No." He said, I could feel his body tense next to mine and I lifted my head from his shoulder to look at him.

"Your pain." He said, his voice barely a whisper. "I think it was our bond, it gets stronger when we're apart from each other for too long, like the force wants us to stay together even though physically we're not." I nodded, shivering in the cold air of the ship, wishing I had a jacket and not this skimpy excuse of a dress. Ben looked down at me and started to take off his cloak.

"You don't have to-" I started, but I was interrupted by him placing it around my shoulders and holding me even tighter than he had before

"Yes I do." He said, his words mumbled by his lips being pressed to my head, "What type of husband would I be if I didn't?" He chuckled, and I grinned at hearing him call himself husband. I wished he would've said it more often.

"What do you mean you felt my pain?" I asked, once we were settled and comfortable again.

"I don't know what happened to you, and you don't have to tell me, but it was like I couldn't breathe, like someone had been suffocating me, and it felt like it was through your side of our bond." He said, tracing lazy designs onto my skin.

I felt my breath hitch in my throat and I felt my heart start to thump loudly, and I knew Ben could hear it. I swallowed, my mouth suddenly dry. I felt like crying, I couldn't believe I had caused Ben pain.