Epilogue

"Ladies breakfast is ready!" Ben yelled from down the stairs. I sighed, tying off Aurelia's braid that I was working on with an elastic. I placed a kiss on her head, brushing her cheek with my hand.
"There, what do you think?" I asked her, looking at our reflection in the mirror. She smiled a toothless grin. She truly had grown up in the past few years, my baby was no longer a baby, but the meek age of six. She had grown into her features, she had Ben's eyes, hazel irises flecked with gold, and my nose and raised cheekbones, she even had freckles dotting her cheeks. Thankfully, she had gotten Ben's luxurious locks of dark hair, and I had to resist running my hands through them whenever I got the chance.
"I love it mommy, thank you." She said, placing a kiss on my cheek before running off, her footsteps echoing down the hall. I laughed, and stood up, straightening my clothes. I ran my hand through my hair before straightening out my daughters vanity and then cleaning up her room a little, which was littered with books about the force and little toys that she liked to practice levitating.
She was three years old when we realized how strong she truly was with the force. She had pushed away her bowl of vegetables without physically touching them, when Ben had tried to make her eat them, so that the broccoli had gotten all over him, in his hair and on his face.
And she was only two when we found out she was immune to electricity. She was running around our house, and had an exposed wire wrapped around her fingers, making me let out a scream, but nothing happened to her, but when Ben touched it his hand immediantly convulsed and twitched. I had had a proud mom moment when that had happened, my little girl was just like her mom, excluding the fact that unlike me she couldn't wield it, which I was perfectly fine with. It was a dangerous power to hold.
I headed downstairs, my white dress trailing out around me as I went down the stairs, my hand tracing the railing. Ben and I had finally gotten the house that we wanted, the one right on the water on Naboo, after we defeated Palpatine so many years ago and finally healed from the physical and mental wounds he had put on us we immediately jumped into plans on building this place, we had spent many nights hunched over room plans and furniture choices.
When I got downstairs I was immediately greeted with the scent of pancakes and bacon. I grinned, while Ben was a great lightsaber wielder, he might have been an even better cook.
"Good morning, my love." Ben said, kissing me on the lips, he was wearing an apron that Aurelia and I had made him for his birthday, one that said 'Kiss the Cook,' in large frilly lettering. Although he frowned at the idea of wearing it he decided it better than getting food all over his clothes whenever he decided to cook up something.
"Good morning." I said, pushing the hair away from his face. He smiled down at me, kissing me briefly on the nose before scurrying off to the kitchen so that he could flip the pancake on the stove.
"Daddy, you didn't cut it like a lightsaber!" Aurelia said, frowning down at her pancake which was dotted with berries and whipped cream.
"No, I did Yoda, I thought you liked Yoda." He said innocently, flicking a towel over his shoulder as he slid a pancake onto a plate and began to garnish it with more berries of different colors. I did admit, he really cut out the figure well, he even got the pointy ears down accurealty.
"I like lightsabers more." Aurelia said, continuing to look down at her food. I reached over and flicked her nose.
"Come on, your dad made you breakfast, you should be thankful." I said, raising my eyebrows slightly. She hung her head, pressing her shoulders up to her ears. It was probably supposed to look glowering but I found the gesture cute.
"Thanks daddy..." She mumbled, beginning to drown Yoda in syrup, I looked around, wondering if I'd see his force ghost looking down sadly at his pancake being smothered in the sugary substance.
Ben set down my plate in front of me before putting his own down and sitting down next to me.
"Can we go to the lake today? Have a picnic?" Aurelia asked, I looked over at Ben, who was currently shoving berries into his mouth. He looked up at me, quickly swallowing them down and wiping at the corner of his mouth.
"Sure, do you want me to bring the wooden sticks so we can train?" He asked, cutting into his pancake. She nodded eagerly, her cheeks bright.
We had asked Aurelia if she wanted to train like a Jedi, become strong with the light side of the force, leaving it completely up to her, if she wanted to stay normal that was her decision, but hearing the stories of Ben and I's adventures she eagerly agreed, saying she wanted to be just like us and auntie Rey.
When Rey came over Aurelia was all over her, pushing Ben and I to the side like we were yesterday's forgotten trash. Rey would train her when she came over, bringing her out to the field so she could practice meditating and connecting to the force. Her visits were almost as fun as when Poe came over and he'd bring her on the Falcon zooming through Naboo's sky and over the city lights.
"Baby eat slower, you're going to give yourself a stomach ache." Ben said, seeing Aurelia shoveling food into her mouth, a skill she had learned from Ben whenever he had to rush through dinner because he had his Protector matters to attend to. Ben and I had become official protectors of the galaxy, whenever we'd get a call we'd run to wherever we were needed and defend whoever couldn't protect themselves. That was our motto: 'Protect those who cannot protect themselves.'
"I just found out how to raise water into the sky with the force, I wanna keep trying it." She said, plopping a berry into her mouth. Ben and I shared a glance, smiling to ourselves.
"Alright, just please be careful." He said, she nodded, finishing up her food before running off giggling to herself as she went out to the lake.
"She really is going to be powerful when she's older." I said, taking a sip of my coffee. And it was true, even Rey saw it, none of her padawans were stronger than Aurelia, who already had a strong grasp on the force, stronger than some force-sensitives ever had.
"No kidding, I don't know if I should be proud or scared." He said, laughing. We had offered to send her to Rey's padawan training academy so she could grow her powers. Ben had shoved down his past feelings about padawan training and knew it'd be best for his daughter, but Aurelia refused, saying she'd rather stay here with us.
Ben stood and collected our plates, kissing my head gently before moving towards the sink, starting to wash them. I walked over to him, and wrapped my arms around his waist, pressing my forehead to the space between his shoulders.
"I had a dream about my parents last night." He said, his shoulders tightening as he reached over to grab a towel to dry the plates.
"Oh." I said, my words muffled from my lips being pressed to his shirt.
"They were happy, holding hands and telling me they were proud of us, and our daughter." He said. "They even asked if there was going to be a second grandchild." He let out a laugh, and I chewed on my lip, looking down at my feet.
"There should be." I said, suddenly the water shut off and Ben whirled around, placing his hand on my hips as he leaned forward, his nose brushing my own.
"Really?" He asked, I nodded. Sure, we made love to each other, a few times every week, but we always used protection, or took precautions so I wouldn't get pregnant again, but now I think I was ready.
"You really want to?" He asked, his eyes growing as a smile started to spread across his face.
"I mean, I think Aurelia wants someone else to annoy around here." I said, tears sparking at my eyes as I reached up and pressed my lips against his.
And it was true, Eli had lived with us for a while, but as she got into her twenties and Ryan and hers relationship had become more serious she decided to move out to find herself in the galaxy, she would send letters occasionally and stayed over whenever she could but she had become an independent woman, she lived her own life now.
His hands, which were still damp and slippery with soapy water ran down my arms and in my hair, probably messing up the braid I had put in it, but I didn't care.
"So, we're gonna have another baby?" Ben asked, leaning away from me. I smiled, stroking the crease on his face that had formed when he smiled wide enough.
"Were gonna try." I breathed out, and he let out a loud laugh, grabbing at my waist and twirling me around and around and all I could do was laugh. Laugh and smile that this was my life now, and I couldn't possibly be any happier.