Bonus ~ Hufflepuff

"Happy Halloween!" I shout, entering the Rhodes house as Ronnie bolts upstairs.

Surprisingly, Scarlett runs down the stairs dressed in leather pants and a pink jacket. "Good morning, Charming."

Good morning indeed.

"Pink lady, pink lady, what will it take to make you my lady?" I ask, wrapping my arms around her waist.

She rolls her eyes, pecking my lips. "Easy there, Slugger, I'm already spoken for."

"Who's the punk?" I play along, kissing her with the knowledge I'll have lipstick all over me.

My outfit needed a pop of color anyway.

"Some hot head, I don't think you'd like him very much."

"What a shame."

"It is, considering I'm rather fond of him." She teases, tugging on the back of my hair.

"We could go upstairs, and I could show you what you're missing out." I offer, kissing her neck. We've got plenty of time till school starts.

"Punk, so happy you could join us for breakfast."

Shit.

Pulling back with wide eyes, Scarlett offers a subtle nod that confirms all of my fears. Facing John, who's dressed in an old Steinborn letterman jacket, I offer a weak smile. "Morning, sir, I didn't know you'd be here."

"I came to make breakfast and bring boo baskets." He offers, turning back to the kitchen. "There's one for you too, unless you'd much rather go upstairs."

Silently Scarlett follows after her uncle, blushing like a fool and I can't blame her. Just when I think the man is starting to like me, I screw it up somehow.

It's not my fault I like my girlfriend.

Making my way into the kitchen, I sit down as Scarlett makes herself a cup of coffee. Ms. Miller sends me a knowing smile as she goes over some paperwork.

"Good morning, Ashton."

"Morning." I offer, taking great interest in the breakfast tacos set down on the table.

The twins stroll in, dressed in black jeans and dark green shirts. Sterling with a blue bandana tied around his head while Silver struggles with the matching red one. I watch as Sterling helps his brother, "What the hell are you two dressed up as?"

"The Ninja Turtles," Silver says. "Shouldn't you have some grease in your hair or something?"

I flip him off as Scarlett walks over, handing me a cup of orange juice. She sits down on my lap, used to me pulling her into the position and I freeze. Now really isn't the time to get a lecture but I'm also not going to move her.

The twins sense my level of discomfort and before Silver can open his mouth, Sterling clears his throat. "Uncle John, what are you dressed up as?"

"A high schooler." He says with a smug smirk as we all glance over at Ms. Miller, who's basically dressed in a nicer outfit.

"And you are?" They ask her.

"A teacher." She simply states.

"A sexy teacher." John corrects her with a wink and we all collectively understand their couples costume.

Gross.

"I'm missing first period, I can't watch you teach knowing you're the sexy teacher partner to my uncle's costume." Scarlett gags halfway through the statement and I can't help but agree.